Chapter 8

Sarah P.O.V

It's been 4 days since I signed the agreement at my home itself. I was about to leave for the company with Grandpa that day when suddenly Grandma started feeling uneasy. We immediately called our family doctor, he examined Grandma and told us that her blood pressure got low due to which she was feeling uneasy. He prescribed some medicine and asked her to stay on the bed for the next 2 days. Grandpa wanted to cancel the meeting but Grandma insisted us not to, hence I signed the papers at home and asked Grandpa to handle the meeting.

After a few hours since Grandpa left for the company, Grandma started feeling a bit better, I was preparing soup for her in the kitchen when Grandpa walked into the house. He asked me about Grandma's health and Later he informed me that the agreement had been signed. I and Adrian would be engaged at Adrian's parents' anniversary party which is supposed to be held this week.

The rest of the week went in a blur, I was mostly busy adjusting to the new environment also for the last 2 days, I googled everything about Parker Enterprises in detail. I even got to know about What Adrian has been doing with the company for the past few years, Today at the age of 25 he is among the successful young billionaire.

I hate to admit this but by every passing year, he looked more handsome and mature. He overtook the company a few years back and has managed it very well. The company has gained quite a reputation for being one of the best in the construction sector ever since he became the CEO.

Apart from business, there are hardly any tabloids about him regarding his personal life. He was never seen dating any female, he wasn't even seen having any affair scandal in the past which is so unlike for a billionaire,

Today in the evening I will be finally meeting Adrian and his family at the anniversary celebration. I still didn't know what he felt about this merger and marriage. I just hope everything goes well between us, I am not expecting him to love me and continue to live as a normal couple but I just hope we handle this situation in a civilized manner.

I glanced at the time, it was almost 6 in the evening, and I needed to get to the event by 8. Grandma had already ordered a dress for me, she insisted on me getting ready by some professional but I politely declined it. I prefer getting ready by myself yet she made sure our maid Emma was there for my help.

I took a shower quickly before getting ready. I entered my vanity room and started doing my makeup. I concealed a few areas on my face, I gave a little definition to my face using bronzer. I ended up doing a light eyeshadow base with a smokey winged eyeliner, I coated my lashes with mascara and decided to go for a nude lipstick.

I took the dress which grandma gave me, it was a beautiful strapless evening blue gown. I wore it and looked at myself in the mirror, the dress was really gorgeous.

"You look very beautiful, Mam," Emma told me standing at the door.

"Thank you Emma and please can call me Sarah," I said politely. She nodded and started helping me with styling my hair since I hardly do anything creative when it comes to hair styling. She tied my hair into a Sleeker Side Bun while leaving a few strands around my face.

Once my hair was done, I wore my diamond studs which belonged to my mother. I saw the time, it was already 7:50. I told Grandma and Grandpa to go ahead with the event since I wasn't ready when they came to pick me and I didn't want them to keep waiting until I got ready.

I put on my heels and went downstairs to my car. The driver was already waiting near the car, he opened the door and I sat inside the car. The driver immediately started the car and headed towards the venue. Because of the traffic, it took another 30 minutes to get there. It was almost 8:30 I finally arrived at the venue. I thanked the driver immediately got out of the car and headed inside the venue.