•13•

Anastasia Katrina Petrova
Pov

Anastasia Katrina Petrova Pov

Seven years later

Once I walked away from Nat I lived with my horse and my three goats in a house in rural Wales. I loved the peace I had. I didn't have to live every minute in fear of someone coming after me, whilst I still looked over my shoulder when I was in a public place it was just a bad habit I'm trying to break. I saw Yelena if I was ever in America however two years after we escaped the red room she dusted along with so many people I loved. I didn't really speak that much with Nat because she was off saving the world. I left her too it, I knew she was always there for me if I ever needed her she always stressed that to me when we called.

During the five years half the population dusted for, I focused on me for a bit, during that period of time I really saw a change in me. I was no longer the widow Draykov trained, I wasn't the mess up Nat and Yelena saved, I became Anna Katrina Petrova, I legally changed my name, once I did that I really felt separated from my past which I was thankful for I felt free which is something you never experience. I felt free when I also stepped into the hair salon and had a dramatic change, Draykov had always loved my hair as a dark brunette he always told me "your hair is so lovely, no dying it for you." So I decide to go blonde, platinum blonde. I also wanted to honour Yelena who was a natural blonde and Nat who had dyed and cut her hair to above her shoulders. After we parted ways.

I continued to dance 4 times a week. I had to build up to dancing that much. When I first started and took one class on flats I was fine however when I moved back up onto my pointe shoes and joined that class the instructor yelled at us "Again" and that made me feel like I was back in that studio in Russia with Madame B, like I was trapped by the guards again, like I was dancing for my life. That night I had nightmares again, the first ones in a while. The thoughts still haunted me when triggers came but I learned and tried my hardest to part with the thoughts.

I travelled America for a bit because I felt like I owed my trip to Yelena who wasn't with us at that point due to her dusting and I had no idea if she was ever coming back. I was having an amazing day in Ohio where I was on my motorbike that was a gift from both Nat and Yelena. I drove up to the place the two girls called home for a while before being taken back to the Red Room. Whilst I was driving around the neighborhood I saw a few kids dressed as the avengers and one girl as black widow and she came up to me and pretended to shoot Widow bites at me and I did back with a small "pow" to go with the action. She soon ran back to her friends. It made me smile to think that Nat has come this far, to think I am on that same track to be like her.

When I was home from America I was unpacking my suitcase and doing some washing when I heard my phone ringing, unknown number "weird" I said as I pressed the accept button to hear a familiar voice however I couldn't place it until

he said "is this Anna? I'm clint" oh its clint barton I thought to myself

"speaking, hey clint is Nat there?" I asked

"that's the thing Anna, I don't know if she told you but we had a mission toady" he sounded as if he was about to cry

"no, how was it? Did you win?" I quickly ask

"you might want to sit down" he says quietly

At that point I knew it was bad news, I braced myself but not for what was coming.

"no that can't be true, you're the avengers, get her back" I practically yell down the phone

"I'm sorry Anna but Fury has offered for you to come out here and join us to avenge your sister" at the word sister I was fully bawling my eyes out

"give me 48 hours" I say before hanging up only to see a message from Yelena, I was so exited until my heart broke that I would have to tell her that her sister is no longer here.

"Yelena" I say before she interrupts me

"I know I've been gone for 5 years but Anna have the avengers called you?"

"yeah they have, how are you?" I ask her

"I guess I'm good but how are you doing do I need to come see you?"

"no I'm going out to the see avengers they called me" I explained

"they called me too" she replied

"so are we going back on missions together?" I question her

"I guess we are" she says

"I'll see you in Ohio, that is where her memorial is I was told"

"yeah that's where it is, I'll be there so will my dog" she says

"ha that sounds nice" I say with a small smile on my face

After a while we hang up and go our own way, I got back to packing and booked a flight back to America.
When I was out there I saw Yelena again and I caught her up for the past 5 years and I met her dog Fanny before we left for avenger HQ in New York.
As soon as we walked through the door I saw Fury stood there so Yelena and I stood in front of him out of respect,

until he spoke "you two have a week until your on a mission"

I turned to Yelena who had turned to me and said "well we better get training" as we walked further into the avengers compound.

Following in our sisters footsteps.