Chapter 35 - Caught In Hand

When the sun set and night slowly started to fall, in the East side of the temple there was a open courtyard where the planned birthday banquet will bel holding. Sumeska asked for permission to held a banquet and master monk agreed as it's a occassion of someone's birthday. Though he don't wanted it but if he refuse then other people might ridicule him for being unreasonable because it's just a simple birthday so thinking about all this he agreed.

All the disciples and seniors looked happy. Because in temple there was not a great even to have fun. The temple rules are too strict and the disciples living there never dared to break it. But today they got chance to have some fun and they even heard the birthday girl who is young miss of marchent family also known as great cook and going to cook for everyone tonight speciall to give a good treat to everyone. Though the food item will be large in menu today but there was no permission for adding meats or drinking wines. So the foods will be plain veggie items and fruit juice will be added. But still the disciples are happy and ready to enjoy.

In the kitchen Lakshya almost done cooking and the temple cooks helped her finishing it. She added some powder for flavour in desert as Sumeska walked in.

"Today is your big day but look at you, you are busy in cooking"

Lakshya put down the bottle she was holding before turning around "mother" she smiled brightly "you have given invitation to everyone so how can I just seat back and hold myself while the temple priest cooks are doing hard work. Afterall it's my responsibility too"

The cooks present there revealed smiles hearing her. In their heart she is generous and kind. Even though she is the main character in today's even but she still came here and helped in cooking.

Sumeska smiled when she saw the expressions on their faces. Lakshya really do know how to hit the soft spot. And now she is waiting for the right moment to attack so that their plan get successful.

"Is everything ready?"

Lakshya nodded "everything is done in time. I would like to thank every priest cooks for helping me organise this feast"

"It's our duty young lady Lakshya" they replied.

"Since it is done then you need to get ready. Afterall you are the one for whom all these preparations have done" Sumeska reminded.

Lakshya nodded then turned to the cooks "then I will leave first"

After coming out of the kitchen Lakshya hold Sumeska's hand "mother is it still right what we are about to do?"

Sumeska patted her hand "I have told you already. To get something big you need to extend you gut and work hard. Besides if today's plan is successful then you don't have to worry for anything till your next life"

Lakshya's face showed some nervousness "but mother, even if I entered the palace there is still an empress high above me. And I will always be considered as second one by everyone"

"Why are you thinking all this now?" Sumeska frowned "even if you become a concubine but still it will have honour and prestige for being royal than ordinary. Isn't it good enough. Do you want to live your life in some small house without any name? Even the royal maids has their name and where you are going to enter the palace. Don't think those nonsense again. What I am doing is for your own good" she lectured.

"I was wrong mother. I will definitely try my best to hold in this chance"

Sumeska smiled "that's my daughter. Now let's get you ready"

In the open courtyard everyone started to gather for the banquet. Even the royal families also present sitting on different side only made for them. Nandini gazed around the crowd then nodded her head.