Chapter 15

I'm actually happy with this one! 😁

Al looked out the window as they passed through the countryside. It has been three months since they came to England, and Al was feeling homesick. Which was ridiculous since he and Brother used to travel all the time. Guess they can’t just take a train to Resembool whenever they feel like also partially affecting his longing for home.

He huddled himself into his wool coat as a shiver went through him. That was another thing about England; it was too cold for him. Ed and Winry have already gotten used to the cold, but Al’s body was still sensitive. Even though he appreciated all the sensations, he wished he could be a little warmer. 

“Are you okay, Al?” Winry asked, looking up from the letter she was writing. Granny had sent them a letter before they left the Weasley’s house, and Winry didn’t really have time to give a reply. Now that the rush of getting to the train was over, she could relax and write all about it. 

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little cold.” He said, moving his feet onto the bench and hugging them close to him. He loved sitting like this. It always made him feel so small, and it was something he never got to feel in the armour.

He wiggled his socks-covered feet. While he didn’t actually like the feel of socks, it was another sensation. And it made his feet warm. 

“Here, you can have my coat too.” Winry took off her coat, and Al didn’t bother fighting her. He knew she would just force it on him. While his frail body might save him from her wrench, it would not save him from her wrath. 

Groans could be heard from the other bench, and Al looked over to see Ed finally waking up from his nap. 

“Are we there yet?” he asked, rubbing his eyes. Al looked out again to see light still out. That book about Hogwarts had said that the train only reached its destination when it’s night out. 

“Not even close, Brother.” 

Ed groaned and fell back on the bench. “I was sure I would sleep through this trip.” 

“Your body doesn't need as much sleep as it used to Brother, since you're not providing for mine too anymore.” 

“You make it sound like he was pregnant with you.” Winry said with a snort before getting up from her seat. “Since you're awake now, let’s go find the others. 

Ed groaned again in protest, and Winry glared at him. “Ed, you're suppose to keep Harry safe! You can't do that if you're not going to be near him.” 

“We’re in a train. What’s the worst that could happen to him?” 

“Didn't it say in Dumbledore’s report that he was attacked in the train last year?” Al asked. 

“And weren't you also attacked in a train?” Winry demanded. 

“Technically, I wasn’t their target.” Ed weakly defended, but one glare from Winry made him get up. “Alright, alright. Let’s go find wonder boy.”

(^~^)

Finding the golden trio’s compartment wasn’t that hard; everyone knew them. Or atleast everyone knew Harry. When they got there, Al, being the politest of the Amestrain trio, asked if they could sit there. It seems Hermione had that role in the other group, who eagerly made the other two boys move for the extra company.  

Hermione seems less suspicious of the Amestrain trio ever since their support against the wizarding world’s treatment of elves. At least she isn’t suspicious of Al and Winry. The fact that the pale-haired blondie at the tournament knew him still made her watch Ed warily. This, in turn, made the boys wary too. But, instead of keeping her distance from him, she seems to have decided to spent extra time finding things about him. Which explained why she was so excited to welcome them to their compartment.