Chapter 417 - 421

Chapter 417

- “Let him worry about that. Let’s head home.” (2)

Huo Sishen was looking nonchalant but his thin lips curved a little when he heard the second part of her sentence.

As though he would very much enjoy seeing that outcome.

Zhang Sheng raised his brows.

He had witnessed the entire interaction between the two.

If he only cared a little about his niece before and mostly because he felt a sense of moral obligation and also partly because of his little sister, then his fondness for his niece had just gone up.

She knew how to take care of those around her and also how to be coquettish subtly.

It was apparently that this child was a better people person than his third sister.

He couldn't help but looked over at his wife with a smile on him.

When they were young, his wife was the one who actively pursued him and cared for him.

Now, he was what his son would refer to as a henpecked husband and also a man who’d spoil his wife rotten in the eyes of his employees.

His third sister, on the other hand, had been a spoiled brat ever since she was a kid and had always been coddled and needed others to bend over backward for her.

In the end, she did not have a good marriage. Gu Jiangxin left her with no hesitation.

That ought to show the importance of a woman’s emotional quotient, personality, and temperament.

Zhang Sheng had a lot of mixed emotions over that.

“Shishi, meeting you today made me realize how different you are from how I had imagined.

“Before our meeting, I worry about the pain that might have been brought onto you by your free-willed mother. Not only would you be alone in facing your everyday life but also developed resentful toward your mother and the Gu family that would prevent you from living a happy life.

“Part of the reason that I wanted to meet is hoping that I can talk to you some and make you feel better.

“Now, it didn’t look like you needed help of that sort.”

Chen Yunping squeezed Zhang Sheng’s hand a little.

She knew what was going through her husband’s mind.

From his perspective, there were two reasons that he wanted to help out Gu Shishi. One was because she was, after all, his sister’s child; as long as it was within his power, he would not let his own niece suffer. His second reason was that he had hoped that this kid could hate her mother a little less, be forgiving toward her mother, and still maintain somewhat of a relationship with her mother.

After this meeting, he had no idea how to approach her on any one of those.

“She’s living a happy life. You can stop worrying now!”

Chen Yunping stopped him from his nagging.

“Eat your pancake! Your doctor had told you to limit your sugar intake. I am only letting you have this because you are happy that you are meeting your niece today. I am going to have the server take it away if you are not going to eat it!”

Zhang Sheng smiled bitterly. “I haven’t even had a bite yet and you have already ate half of it. How can you be on my case?”

Chen Yunping gave him a stare before she pushed the plate over to him.