Flustered, Sleeping George

We drive to my house without talking much. I let George play his music and he seems content with just sitting quietly. I occasionally sneak glances his way and get to watch as he slowly falls asleep. Before his head can hit the window I interrupt his weariness.

"Hey, George?" He jerks his head up and turns to look at me. I swear his eyes are glazed over. I smile at the thought. "Do you feel like eating anything soon?"

"Uhh... sure." He rests his chin on his hand and stares out the front windshield.

"Anything in particular?"

"Erm... yeah, whatever." His words slur together.

That was helpful. I roll my eyes fondly. "Sounds good."

I guess I'll leave him be and just get whatever. I pull up to a pizza place and order a pepperoni pizza for the both of us. The whole time we are in the drive thru, George is sacked out on the window. His cheeks are slightly pink from the heat and his mouth is hanging open, cheek pressed against his hand and the window. His hair droops over his ears and forehead, just barley reaching his long eyelashes.

I shake my head fondly. If he wasn't so cute, my life wouldn't be so hard.

I pull into the driveway with pizza wafting delicious smells from the backseat. I unpack everything from the car except for George. I come back out to see him still passed out in the passenger seat. He must've had a worse flight than he let on.

I turn the car off and lean across the center console. How do I wake him up?

I grab his shoulder and shake him lightly. "George."

He snores on.

"George~" I sing in his ear.

Still nothing.

I start blowing on his face. His hair tickles across his eyebrows and lashes. He crinkles his nose a little. I blow again, getting a little closer. His lashes flutter, but he doesn't move. I sigh in defeat and am about to get out and grab a cup of water to pour on him, but his eyes squint open. Mine and his both go wide at the closeness of our faces.

His lips part and he says, "What are you doing?"

I back my face up quickly. "I was... nothing-," my head hits the inside frame of the car, "-ow!"

I step out of the car and rub the back of my head. George giggles at me.

"I was, umm, trying to wake you up, cause we're here," I finish with a nervous smile.

He tries to stop laughing as he climbs out of the car.

"Did you already get all of my stuff?" He asks as we climb the steps to my front door.

I rub the back of my head. "Yeah, since you were completely dead to the world."

He gasps in fake offense. "I wasn't dead!"

I chuckle. "Do you know what I had to do to wake you up? It took like 3 minutes."

He scoffs. "No it didn't. I'm a light sleeper."

I roll my eyes. "You are so not! I literally shook you like an earthquake and then blew on your face, like a hurricane. I was about to get water and pour it on you, like a flood, but you woke up."

George bursts out laughing at my insane exaggerations. I laugh with him as we enter the house. He abruptly stops and gazes around my living room.

"Woah. You live here? It's so clean, like brand new."

I scoff, "Psh, did you think I was a slob? Like there was going to be piles of trash and clothes and empty soda cans or something?"

"Well... yeah." He smirks at me.

"Oh shut up," I shove his shoulder lightly.

He laughs a little before asking, "So, a tour then?"

"Sure!"

I walk him through my tidied kitchen, my empty looking dining room and down a little hallway. I show him the restroom across the hall from the guest room and then the end of the hall where my bedroom lies. I spent weeks making sure everything looked clean and nice for when my friends got here. It felt good to know it was appreciated.

I point to my closed door that holds the contents of my bedroom. "And that's my bedroom."

George trudges over and twists the door knob. Before it swings open he turns back to look at my face. "Off limits?" he asks.

"Not for you," I smirk playfully.

He rolls his eyes. The door opens and cold air rushes past.

George steps in. "Geez. Is it meant to feel like a refrigerator?"

I chuckle and follow him into my room. "I don't like it hot when I sleep."

"I do." He retorts.

"Well, it's a good thing we aren't sleeping in the same room then," I say without thinking.

George's eyes snap up to mine. I shake my head, "I didn't-"

"You're so stupid," he interrupts with an awkward chuckle.

"I know," I mutter softly.

George sits on my bed. I bring myself to sit by him. He points at my bathroom door. "You get your own bathroom?"

I chuckle. "Yes? It's the master bedroom George."

He gasps dramatically. "I have to share a bathroom with Sapnap?"

"Yes." Unless you stay in my bedroom.

"Wait, actually. There's only one guest bedroom. Who actually gets it?"

"Don't worry, I've already thought of that." I shift my position to cross legged with my back against the headboard. "There's three options. You and Sapnap share the guest bed, one of you gets the couch, or one of you shares my bed. Both my bed and the guest bed are big enough for two, so it doesn't matter."

George sighs. "But that leaves options, meaning Sapnap and I are gonna argue about it."

"We will figure it out. Speaking of Sapnap, I should be getting a message from him soon, right?"

I check my phone. I picked George up around noon and it was 2:51. My heart rate picks up. I don't want to be late to get Sapnap from the airport.

"What if we just head out right now and surprise him?" I ask George.

"Seems unfair since you made me wait, but I guess."

"Oh, hold on. The pizza!" I stand up quickly.

George shakes his head with a small smile on his face. "Dream, Dream, Dream. Keep your head on straight okay?"

I let the panic slowly fade. "Let's eat pizza before it gets cold. Maybe Sapnap will land once we are done."

"Perfect."

George gets up and we make our way to the dining room to eat the lukewarm pizza.

Thanks for reading! How are you doing today? :]

1124 words