Chapter 5

I approach the table, to discover that my opponent is the very rude brunette boy.

"Alright Josh and Amelia against the new girl and Chase," A girl with bright red hair says.

I'm annoyed that she didn't even bother to ask what I name was.

I do the rational thing. "It's Morgan"

The red haired girl shoots a glare at me, "I don't care, just because Chase hit on you one time doesn't make you hot shit. Stupid bitch."

I recognize her from the try outs early. I remember that she was one of the girls that got cut.

"Wait a minute, your one of the girls that got cut today," I think of a snide remark to say to her. Then it hits me, "Have fun warming the bench for when my talented ass sits back down from destroying the other team because I am fucking amazing at field hockey," I smirk knowing that she has no come back from that, but before she can even attempt to respond I add, "stupid bitch."

I am so beyond petty.

Josh the asshole glares at us, "you two mean girls done."

"Dick," I mutter under my breath, or so I though.

'What did you just call me," Josh comes close to my face.

"Seems I don't need to repeat myself," there's that pettiness again.

"Now I see why the whole field hockey team hates you," he smirks like and absolute ass.

"Hey everyone just back off and get to a corner the opposite of your partner," though that red haired bitch was well, a bitch, she did just save me from getting into a fight with Josh.

~~~~~

As we get into position the girl next to me- Amelia explains the rules to me.

"You try to get the ball into one of the cups, if you make it in the person on the opposite team, in your case- Josh, has to drink what the cup is containing. If you do get one in you get to go again until you miss. However, if Josh gets one in. You have to drink. Got it?"

She seems sweet, "Yeah, thank you for explain it to me."

"Don't worry, you know I was in the same boat you are in about a year ago ,"she smiles a warm smile, "being the new girl sucks."

"Luckily for me I have made at leased one friend today," I return the smile back to her.

"Make that two."

"Alright girls we done talking," fucking Josh again.

"Yep," Amelia was so calm with her response, she didn't let Josh phase her.

"Alright Morgan lets see those skills," I really hope I don't embarrass myself in front of Chase.

I throw the ball and it bounces off the table into the cup.

"Drink up bitch," Chase says looking at Josh.

Josh rolls his eyes but inevitably chugs down the beer in the cup.

"Alright lets keep this up Morgan," he looks me dead in the eyes. Way to up the pressure Chase.

I throw the second ball hoping- no... praying that it goes in. The ball seems to go in slow motion. My thoughts are interrupted by Chase.

"Nice one Morgan," his smile is from ear to ear, he is ecstatic.

"Fuck," Josh says before chugging the beer down.

Serves him right.

"Still your turn girl," Amelia hands me the ball.

I am relaxed now, I feel like there isn't as much pressure on me this time. Almost as if I were to miss it would be okay. I have already excelled at the game thus far. I feel like I have proved myself.

When I miss Chase encourages me by saying, "It's okay Morgan you already sunk two in."

I feel like a weight is lifted off my shoulders.

~~~~~

Three rounds in Chase and Josh are plastered. They can barely stand up.

"Glad there's a garbage can under the table or we would look like them," Amelia whispers to me.

Thank god for that damn garbage can for sure or her and I would be on the floor.

"Alright fine you guys won," Josh says to Chase and I.

Chase smiles a drunk smile at me.

"I am gonna go get some water," I say breaking eye contact with Chase.

"I'll come with," Chase says walking over to me and leaning on me as he throws his arm around my shoulders.

Why must this shit happen to me. Once again all eyes are on me.

It then dawns on me, "I also have to go find Erika," I look up at chase hoping he will change his mind, unfortunately for me he seems pretty insistent.

"It's fine, I'll help you find her."

Fuck.

~~~~~

After going to the kitchen for water Chase and I go on a hunt for Erika.

"Here I will go ask one of my buddies if they know where she is."

Before he walks away I say, "I'll be around the corner so I can call her."

I round the corner to a quiet room with no one else in it. I quickly pull out my phone from my bag and scroll through my contact listen searching for her number.

When I find her number I hit the call button and bring it up to my ear. After two rings someone answers.

"Hello," an unfamiliar voice answers.

"Hey is Erika there," I am almost scared waiting for his answer.

"Yeah, she's passed out."

Good, at leased she's okay.

"Did she leave the party?"

"Yeah we left, don't worry about her she's okay," he sounds annoyed.

I am unsure about what to say.

I say the generic response, "Okay, thank you."

I hang up the phone as Chase walks into the room.

"She left with Ethan," he says his eyes wondering down my body.

"Yeah he answered her phone," I try to make eye contact with him so he will stop.

"Hey I um- I need a favor," he says transferring weight from foot to foot.

What now?

"What is it?"

Please don't be anything bad.

He hesitates, "I need a ride home."

I truly though he was going to ask me to hide a body for him by the way he was acting.

"Okay, I can give you one."

I really hope nothing happens between us on this drive home.