Chapter 32

Sophie could feel all the blood in her face drain, she was paler than snow. "Put her down." Sophie whispered. She couldn't seem to find her voice.

"Mom. Put her down." Keefe growled.

Gisela laughed, taking a couple steps back. It was turning into a stand off.

Linh and Trix, Fitz and Ruy, Tam and the new psionpath, Fintan and Keefe and finally, Sophie and Gisela.

"Ah, my legacy, I almost didn't see you there. Welcome to the show as well!" Gisela spat sadistically. Sophie took a step forward, and that's when Gisela pushed the knife deeper into Callas skin. "Miss. Foster, don't take another step forward, I don't think you'll like what happens.

Calla didn't stir, she didn't cry, she didn't gasp. Her head was lolled to the side and her mouth hung open. "What. Did. You. Do. To. MY. DAUGHTER?" Sophie shouted, her feet planted where they were, not daring to take a step forward.

"You see it was simple, just give the screaming child a drop of Sorophine and boom, she was out like a light. We finally, have some peace and quiet." Gisela's scars stretched as she smiled at them. Similar to what Sophie's ragged scar on her arm did every time she bent it. 

"What do you want?" Keefe asked, he was starting to lose control on his emotions. Sophie's own emotions were flaring, she knew that due to the pink streaks of inflicting power coming from her hands.

"Now, Miss. Foster. Let's not get nasty with your unnatural abilities." She sneered, backing up even further from Sophie.

"Sophie?" Sophie almost jumped when Fitz's voice boomed in her head. She managed to keep a straight face and not move a muscle.

"What?" She said as Keefe realized what was going on and started to distract his mom again.

"I have a plan." Fitz held his throwing star tighter. "You teleport behind Gisela, inflict on her. Keefe will catch Calla as she falls." He coughed, clearing his throat.

"Because Gisela is holding Calla, the infliction will probably affect her too." Sophie said back.

"I think it's the best chance we have. Unless you stab Gisela, but we don't want people dying today." Fitz snapped back.

"What about everyone else? There are still more Neverseen members."

"Everyone, but you and Keefe, will be holding them back." Fitz answered taking a step towards Ruy. Sophie doing the same to Fintan, she looked and Dex and Bronte could also help, they could take over Fintan while Sophie and Keefe took on Gisela.

"Fine." Sophie relayed the plan to everyone and surprisingly there were no objections. They all answered with a yes, and knew what to do. Keefe was the only one who asked a question.

"Will it hurt Calla?"  He quickly asked before continuing to talk to his mother.

"I'm hoping it's not. I'm aiming for Gisela's heart, and only that. I'm hoping it stops there." A tear formed at the thought of Sophie hurting Gisela. Keefe just nodded, his mother's attention now on Sophie.

"My boy, look at your girlfriend. She is understanding that you cannot escape this. You cannot get out of here, and your decision to try and rescue her and your daughter is hopeless." She gave them a cruel smile.

Sophie heard a growl behind her after a scraping noise, and risked a glance behind all of them.

Her jaw dropped when she saw that it was Sandor, and Ro.

"No, creepy legacy woman. Those are tears of joy, that her plan is about to work. Come at us Alte Hündin." Ro smirked as all hell broke loose, when Sophie said "Go." telepathically to everyone.

Sophie teleported right behind Gisela, without her knowing. She let the rage that she had been holding out on pool at the front of her mind.

She barely noticed Keefe running at Gisela, Gisela thinking that he was only there to fight her.

Sophie let the pooling rage focus on Gisela's heart, she let it go and aimed it for the heart.

It struck true and inflicted on Gisela.

Gisela's eyes rolled back, as she fell backwards, spasming in pain.

Calla started to fall, but Keefe caught her mid air.

She wasn't shaking or spasming.

She was instead laughing and yelling "Dada DADA!" She was hugging Keefe's shoulder's as Sophie ran up to them and joined in the hug.

"Mama!"

Sophie and Keefe both laughed tears streaming down their faces.

That's when a wall of air, smashed into them from behind and threw them 10 feet back.

Trix was standing there staring them down, "Oh you thought you had your happy little family finally? Ha, you haven't won. We are."

He pointed around them at the fighting.

Before he could continue Ro's big fist went smashing into the side of Trix's head, sending him flying and unconscious. "That's what he get's for hurting poor Calla." Ro says as she yanks Keefe off the ground. "No one hurts Calla. Aunty Ro will NOT allow it." She looks behind her where the last person standing is the new psionpath, the rest were either tied up or unconsious.

Everyone had the psionpath surrounded, himself protected with a force field.

"They're about to break it and get Bronte to inflict." She looked back to them, following her towards them. "Arlo is better than I thought at fighting. He'd be a good asset to your team." She glanced back at Calla who was clutching Keefe's neck.

"He did basically save my life." Sophie rasped her throat dry again from being dehydrated.

Sophie got up close to the shield. "I told you, this wouldn't end well for you. You should have let Calla go." She nodded towards Tam and the sheild was broken by his shadows. Bronte quickly inflicted on the psionpath which rendered himself unconsious.

Sophie let out a sigh and fell to her knees. The Neverseen was down and she finally had her family back.

"I'll get the Council here." Bronte announced, "You're free Sophie. You're free."

Sophie let out a sob and Keefe sank down with Calla, to the ground.

"We're back Sophie. We can have our family back." Calla crawled to Sophie wrapping her small arms around her neck.

"Can we go home, mama?" Calla asked.

"Yea, let's go home my girl."

Keefe smiled at them as they stood up together, hand in hand and walked towards the door.

She'd talk to the gang tomorrow to recap, they'd figure things out.

Keefe pulled out a leaping crystal, and held it up to the light.

Before they walked into the light, Sandor and Ro joined them.

"Ready to finally be a family, Foster?" Keefe asked with a smirk and soft eyes.

Sophie nodded and the 5 of them walked into the light hand in hand.

Sophie Foster was going home.