Chapter 18: So familiar

After spending so much time in that bird house, I thought I'd be far more comfortable and happy. Now I'm just more miserable than ever... So they were right about him all along. Now I know my 'purpose for the titan' has just been a waste the whole ti- and a chirp. "Rascal! I thought you left." I hold out my hand to it as an invitation to invite it on my palms, which it does indeed hop on.

"I know this sounds selfish but... I need to get o-" He already turns into the staff I need. "Well that's... Not what I expected." With a sigh I hop on the staff. "But not to the owl house. I'm just in putting them in more danger if I-" A guard all of the sudden walks through the door. "The Emperor has reque- A palisman! AGAIN?!" "Shit! Go, go g-" And with that we take off but a huge agonizing pain starts in my back.

I'm blasted with magic like when Kikimora aimed for my head that while ago. But instead of letting go, I tighten my grip to prevent myself from falling like last time. "HE GOT OUT AGAIN!" We fly quick while magic shoots at us but luckily they shoot where we are instead of where we're going to be.

We fly further and further but swoop down to the forest as it probably wouldn't be a good idea to go in town. They'll be putting on wanted posters of me again and maybe this time my unc- Belos will probably kill me before this ritualistic sacrifice even begins. Grrrreeeeaaaat. Now not only have I ran away the second time, now I know his secret and who knows what he was going to do to me.

Probably lock me in the dungeon till the day of unity comes but no. Rascal must've been hiding in the castle and brought me to Belos to try and get me to finally open my eyes. "I can stretch our legs now. You don't need to fly more because of me." I hope off the staff but groan at the landing, remembering my leg wound hasn't fully healed. Not as painful as before but jumping to the ground feels really strained.

But I'm luckily able to steady my leg and walk on it properly with the pain in it being only ever so slight. "You can leave if you want. It's only downhill from here. You'd accompany some kid with no magic who's lost his rank and is going to live in a forest. Only downhill from here." I'm not wrong because where am I going to go? Can't go back to that human. And that younger blight sibling would probably kill me if she sees me alone- but so what? What can I do with my life now?

Rascal just flies in front of me with a glare. "Don't give me the stink eye. You know I was only using you to get away from Belos." This doesn't stop the little rascal who sits on my shoulder. What does it want from me?

(The Goldric ship will be happening soon. Sorry it's been a slow one but I try to write a realistic ship as I can. Hopefully this feels realistic. And can I get ideas how they should interact? I don't know how to make them interact without cringing them up. At least I think that's how my writing would be. Did the chapter here make sense too)