16. Missing Prom To Play Hooky With Jake

As predicted it took Rosalie and Alice literal hours to get Lizzie ready

As predicted it took Rosalie and Alice literal hours to get Lizzie ready. They did her hair, her make-up, and even forced her to wear high heels. The only thing she was allowed to have input in was whether she wanted her hair up or down and if she wanted to take a jacket with her. Let's just say, she already regretted her soft decision of attending prom. Of course, she wasn't staying but only showing up to please her sisters, then leaving with the help of Bella, but still.

Lizzie came walking down the stairwell holding her dress in her hands as to not fall. She was a vampire but even a Cold One could only be so graceful when in a poofy dress and seven-inch heels. All heads snapped to her as she entered the living room.

"Lizzie!" Alice squealed happily.

"You look amazing, sweetheart," Esme complimented.

"Very good," Rosalie smiled.

Lizzie took their compliments in with a light smile before frowning at the looks on her brothers' faces. Jasper was smiling at her but he was the only one. Dean was mirroring Lizzie's expression as Emmett and Edward both scowled, although she didn't know why.

"Okay, what's wrong?"

Immediately, Rosalie nudged her elbow into Emmett's side as Jasper did the same with Edward and Alice gestured for Dean to smile or at least look happier.

"What the hell are you wearing?" Emmett finally got out. "You know, it's the Forks High school prom, not a fashion show in Paris."

"Mmm," Lizzie nodded.

"Shut up," Rosalie rolled her eyes at her mate. "She looks lovely."

"Ignore them," Esme advised. "You're their little sister and they're protective," she brushed Lizzie's hair out of her face as Carlisle entered the room.

"Carlisle, doesn't Lizzie look great?" Alice asked.

He turned at Alice's question, his eyes soon finding his youngest daughter's. "You look beautiful, Elizabeth," he smiled.

"Thank you, Dad," Lizzie hugged him. She then glanced around at her siblings, "So, are we just going to stand here all night, or are we actually going to go to the prom?"

"Pictures first!" Rosalie clapped her hands.

                                                                ✦✦✦

"Wow, Lizzie you look amazing!" Bella complimented. "Seriously, wow, where'd you get that?"

"Don't encourage her," Edward mumbled as he helped Bella into his silver Volvo. He wasn't as protective as Emmett over Lizzie, obviously, it was just a dress and it was just the prom. But what got to Edward was that she was wearing an important historical dress for a prom she didn't even want to go to, and all because the original hybrid asked her to.