9

The living room was quiet; there were no noises nearby. The burly man sat on the couch with his newborn baby in his arms. He watched him closely as the infant nestled against his chest. His eyes were closed shut as he suckled on his lip.

The man placed his hand on the infant's back and rubbed it gently. He closed his eyes briefly as the back of his head landed on the cushion of the couch. He felt himself growing into a deep slumber.

Malcolm and Harlem.

Everything still felt new to him. He was still trying to adjust to having a baby in the house. Malcolm seemed smitten with Harlem and wanted to be around him all day, every day. He tried his best to help Jersey out in any way possible. Frida made sure to lay down the rules before leaving their home. She told her son to do his part of taking care of Harlem. Not only was it morally right, but Harlem was his child as well. Jersey shouldn't have to do everything by herself.

Her mental health was neutral, but she had moments where she didn't feel interested in anything. All Jersey wanted to do was sleep and allow her brain to overthink. Tisha was still harassing her, and she was trying not to let that bother her. However, the baby allegations had her mind wondering.

She didn't want to confront Malcolm about it. Jersey already had a conversation with Malcolm about Tisha before. He claimed they fucked around two years ago and stopped due to some shit she had going on. Jersey told him that she believed him, apologized for overreacting and she promised not to do it again.

Malcolm told her never to do it again.

She wanted to listen to him, but this was far too much. Jersey had to get the shit out of her head.

After getting out of the shower, she dried and moisturized her body. Jersey made sure every part of her body was moisturized before putting her clothes on. She looked at herself in the mirror that was in her bedroom.

Her body was still slim, which was expected. Jersey had a high metabolism, which didn't allow her to pick up weight quickly. Her breasts were still an A cup, but they were fuller due to breastfeeding, and she noticed a slight change in her hips. They were more expansive, and it seemed like she had some booty, not much, but it was there.

Jersey pulled her bonnet off, revealing her bedhead of curls. They were frizzy yet filled with curly spirals that went in opposite directions of each other. She grabbed her lip gloss, applied some on, and decided not to spray any perfume. She didn't know if the strong fumes would agree with her baby's skin.

The woman headed inside the living room and realized Malcolm was knocked out on the couch with Harlem on his chest. They were sleeping alike, both with their mouths agape. Jersey stood there for a minute and couldn't help but smile. Seeing her baby bond with his father was refreshing.

Quietly, she tipped over to the desk and grabbed her Sony camera from out of its bag. Jersey wasted no time waking her camera up and preparing for the photo. She walked over and took a picture. Immediately, the flash appeared, startling Malcolm. He shifted on the couch while holding on to his son.

"Oops." Jersey covered her mouth as she watched Malcolm.

He looked over at her with his eyebrows knitted.

"I forgot the flash was on." She continued while looking down at her camera. Jersey looked at the pictures of Malcolm and Harlem. They were clear and beautiful. She managed to capture some good photos of them.

"Come on..." Malcolm trailed off as he looked over at Jersey. "What are you doing?"

"I was taking a photo of you and Harlem."