13 - The Prank on Snape

Sirius Black was known for sneaking around. He and the rest of the Mauraders always found ways to sneak around the hallways at night. You were never sure what they were doing well what could you do in the halls at night? Surely it wasn't that interesting, was it? What was there to do really? But you could ask yourself the same thing. You too would also go wandering the halls at night, the castle looked so beautiful when no one was around to ruin it, surely Sirius Black wasn't taking in the architecture of the place. As well as that you would often sneak into the restricted section of the library sure you could easily get a teacher's permission for the books but where's the fun in that? You never even saw the boys when you snuck out, whether you were in the library, in the woods, or just wandering the halls, the Mauraders were never anywhere to be found. 

Was it a stupid idea to follow him when the two of you were potentially being hunted by a stranger? Yes, but were you going to follow him anyway? Of course. If he was sneaking out and if he was able to do that and get away with it then why shouldn't you? You quickly changed into attire suitable to roam the grounds, putting your boots on in case he was going outside, you made your way to the door, grabbing your Hogwarts robe to throw over your shoulders as you left. 

You were careful not to let the door slam so McGonagall wouldn't be woken, you didn't want to deal with her tonight. You didn't wait long to follow him either so it would be easy to find where he went if you moved fast enough. Running down the hall as quietly as you could you saw him dash down the stairs leading to The Great Hall. Taking a quick glance around you could easily see that no teachers were around allowing you to follow Sirius in peace. The boy quickly dashed further into the castle, clearly heading to the courtyard to slip out through the columns however when you walked out to the courtyard you quickly found out Sirius wasn't alone. Following behind him was Severus Snape. 

"Why the fuck would Snape be out at this time?" You whispered to yourself. "And why would he be following Sirius Black oh god don't tell me the two of them are secretly lovers." Holding your robe closer to you and taking one last glance around you in case you were being followed, you set off after the two of them, keeping your distance. 

Sirius seemed to be leading him further and further into the grounds and towards the Whomping Willow. Why he would lead him there? Unless it was their secret date spot then again it wasn't the most romantic place in Hogwarts but you didn't judge. Sirius disappeared into the tree without the branches attacking him and Snape followed him. You weren't going to find out what the two of them were up to just by standing there so you followed them. No one was around so why not? 

Upon entering the tree you could see a long walkway, it looked as if it was a long hallway, if anything this could have been a secret house anyone could have hidden away in for years and go undetected. Snape was far in front now that you could pull out your wand and mutter Lumos to help you light your way through the passages. It was filthy, sort of how you imagined Sirius to live. Cobwebs littered the passage and dirt followed. Thank god spiders ran at the light because they too scoured the walls. 

"Oh what a romantic place." You huffed. You were about to give up at the long passage and just turn away and go back into Hogwarts when a loud, high-pitched scream caught you off guard. If anything it sounded like a girl's scream but when you began to sprint towards the noise you realised that wasn't the case. 

As you entered the shrieking shack your eyes met something you thought you'd ever see in your entire life. Standing before you was a werewolf. Its eyes were like pumpkins, lit up with fire in its eyes. its claws were dipped in blood, the question is who's blood was it? That didn't take long to figure out though. Laying beside, clutching his side was Snape, he was crying in pain it was evident he'd been attacked. Standing by the werewolf were James Potter and Peter Pettigrew. Sirius Black was nowhere to be seen, only James's dog Kaz was to be seen. Remus was also nowhere to be seen but you could guess where he was.