28

Chapter 28 | A Mole

Namjoon was focused on reading the file in front of him while Jimin was focused on the road. The file in front of him was your case, the case that was considered to be closed. The reason why Namjoon and Jimin were taking a closer look at your case was because you had told them that your case and Seunghee's case might be connected. They had spent weeks trying to get a hold of the two Hybrid victims and trying to get them to talk to them about the day of their trauma.

The two were on their way to the apartment of Choi Soobin and Kang Taehyun after finally getting their permission to interview them.

Your case was very interesting, to say the least. It was clear that there was a bigger conspiracy with a group of men that were trying to kidnap Soobin and Taehyun but it was deemed to be closed after you were found guilty for nearly killing one of the kidnappers.

"What's wrong, hyung?" Jimin asked when he caught a glimpse of Namjoon's frown while reading over your file.

"It just doesn't make sense," Namjoon sighed. "Y/N, although she only got a 24-month prison sentence, the police should have worked hard to find the rest of the kidnappers and brought them to court, but they didn't. They also didn't make any follow-up appointments to talk to the victims to find the identity of the people who tried to kidnap them. And the weirdest thing is, there is no mention of the detective in charge. I have no idea who was in charge of this case and who closed it."

"So, Chief Bang was correct," Jimin concluded. "There is a mole in the station."

"It sure seems that way," Namjoon frowned.

As he read the rest of the case file he let out a chuckle.

"What is it?" Jimin asked.

"Listen to this," Namjoon said as he held up a piece of paper. "This is what's on file for Y/N from the prison. 'Choi Y/N was brought in as she nearly beat a man to death. During my countless conversations with the young lady, she seems to be proud of her achievement. I have observed that as long as a person is civil and respectful of others, Choi Y/N is the most docile person I have seen. As soon as someone is being disrespectful or rude or degrading to anyone, her temper flares up and it's almost like she sees red as she mercilessly begins to punch them. There have been nearly no fights that break out among the inmates ever since she arrived. She seemed to befriend everyone pretty easily. I have even befriended her along with other staff members of the prison. After proving that she isn't a danger to society, we have approved for her to be released early.'"

Jimin chuckled as he heard Namjoon reading the file out loud for him.

"Somehow, I don't doubt that statement," Jimin said with a fond smile as Namjoon hummed in agreement. 

The two detectives were greeted by a White Arctic Fox Hybrid named Choi Yeonjun.

"I'm sorry, but I have to admit, I still don't understand why you need to talk to them about their trauma that happened nearly two years ago," Yeonjun admitted as he led the two detectives into his home.

"More cases involving Bunny Hybrids came to our attention," Namjoon explained. "We think that any information that you have about the kidnappers could really help in identifying the people or the group behind everything."

"I suppose, as Detectives, you're just doing your job," Yeonjun sighed as he led the detectives into the living room.

Namjoon and Jimin noticed that there was only one Hybrid sitting in the living room. It was the Bunny Hybrid Choi Soobin.