Chapter 30: Greif

Ceil POV

My head was spinning. I didn't know what was happening. I just know that the man who just killed my father is walking away with a smug grin in his face. I had wanted to run toward and tackle him, to beat him up beyond recognition, but something, no, someone was stopping me.

I couldn't see clearly. The image of my father smeared with blood on the ground still lingered on my eyes, like it was burned into them, an image I can't get rid of.

Before I knew it, I had collapsed.

——————————————————

Allen POV

I was frozen. I couldn't think. My head was completely empty of thought, the only thing I was capable of doing was holding Ceil back from running up to The Demon King and get himself killed.

Alex went into the room along with medics and guards, to place the body on a stretcher and cover it with cloth.

Ceil collapsed, so I handed him over to a nurse. Things were moving too fast for me to have time to collect my thoughts. I was stunned, I didn't know what to do.

"Hey, you doing okay?" Asked, Violet, the girl I forgot excited.

Suddenly, a wave of thoughts hid my head. I glared at her. "You. You were working with him?!" I recalled The Demon Lord saying before he left 'And Violet, You can choose if you want to stay with me or leave after this. It's your choice'.

"Um, yes, he kind of approached me." She said laughing awkwardly. I couldn't hold in my anger anymore.

——————————————————

Violet POV

I didn't know what to do. The Demon king killed the King! This doesn't happen in the game! What do I do now???

I was suddenly grabbed my the shoulders. "DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY EMPATHY?!" I heard a yell. It was coming from the boy next to me, Allen. I had never seen this character raise his voice before, how interesting.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"SOMEONE DIED. YOU HELPED HIM INTO THE SCHOOL, DIDN'T YOU?!" He yelled. "You gave him a permit, didn't you? The special one the school handed to everyone, that lets you enter here? THAT HAS A PURPOSE! There's a barrier that prevents demons from entering it!" He continued to go from yelling to speaking then yelling to speaking.

"What.... I didn't hear that happening in the game......"

"THIS ISN'T AN OTOME GAME!"

"What do you mean? Of course it is." I responded on reflex. How does he know the word otome game? Could he be a reincarnated person too?

"Oh, so you are the one messing with the plot. No wonder the characters didn't want to fall in love with me." I said

"Shut up."

"What?"

"I said shut up for a second. This isn't a game. We are not 'characters'. This is a real life world. People don't work like they do in games! They have their own lives and ideas! CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND?! Someone died! Not a character, this is not some event! This is an innocent person who lost their life?! Have you never lost anyone?! How would you feel if they treated them like this?! You treat these people like they exist only in this world you create in your fantasy!"