°Seven°

Tw|Death...This is pure fan fiction (a sad one) and nothing in this one shot is real or has happened to S&K. And this is not something I wish upon them, either (since some of you guys think that my sad one shots are my irl wishes for them). I write to express and improve my English, which means every now and then I have to tap into the feelings of loss and despair. Thank you. 

——————————————————————

The halo of the horizon arrived with golden grace as Kaycee pushed back the curtains, allowing the beams of light to shine through the room. She stared dully at it. The colours of it spoke of ocean, wave-kissed land and rock. Yet they sang of movement of the water, its sound and aroma. They kept alive the kind of memories that keep her well anchored.

The room was where she found herself staying day in and day out, but only unfamiliarity engulfed her with each passing night. 

A hospital room. A bleak, old-fashioned hospital room. His room. Room No.7.

A sigh escaped Kaycee's lips as she seated herself beside her boyfriend, running her fingers gently through his black locks. They had grown out far past his eyes, reaching the tip of his nose-she had often wondered how it didn't make him sneeze.

'Sean? Babe?It's morning' she whispered lightly, before pressing a tender kiss onto his hair covered forehead. He hummed in response, eyes squinting tight before they relaxed again. His long eyelashes were wet with tears, cheeks stained with dry tears. 

She rested her palm on his forehead, touching it with the most softest touches as she confirmed his fever. If you could even call it that.

It had been almost two years at his point, and she constantly questioned herself why she hadn't gotten used to this. But how could she? Not when the healthy, cheerful, Sean kept running around in her head, laughing as brightly and boisterously as ever.

The brunette pursed her lips to stop herself from crying as she placed a kiss onto his cheek. 

She cupped his cheeks gently, rubbing her thumb over his lips before she resumed her spot on the chair next to his bed, her hand stretched out to lay over his stomach.

She refused to fall asleep. She couldn't, not when he could need her at any moment. So she forced her eyes open, thanking the angels above for at least giving her a room with a gorgeous view outside.

'Ms. Rice?' A knock was heard on the door, before a youthful face popped her head around. Kaycee stood up politely, a forced smile breaking out on her lips.

A doctor entered in green scrubs, her black hair tied low in a pony tail. Kaycee followed the doctors movement as she walked around and stood on the other side of Sean. She was young-looking with large brown eyes, neatly lined in black. She had the movement of an athlete and the easy smile of one visiting a dear friend. She spoke with a delicate tone, as if she didn't want to wake up the birds still possibly sleeping outside.

'When was the last time he ate, do you know?' The doctor asked, scribbling down notes onto her clipboard. 

The brunettes brows scrunched as she tried to think. '7 p.m. last night. I think.' The doctor nodded, her pen tapping on her chin as her once stretched out smile formed a straight line across her face.

With each word the fine fingers of her hand would flourish into the stagnant hospital air like birds, then settle as she listened to the answer like she had all the time in the world and nothing could interest her more than what Kaycee had to say.

'Ms. Rice. May I have a word in private?'.

Kaycee's heart stopped beating for a minute before pounding inside her chest. Last time, the doctor asked to speak for a minute, she had received the awful news that her boyfriend was hospital bound.