Part 1

Jessica Pov:

"Wake up!" I whisper-yelled to my best friend and roommate Mia.

"I am up." She groaned

"Come on Mia, I'm serious. We have professor Jones' seminar today." Still nothing. "Remember how mad he got last time we were late? He made us write a two-page essay on punctuality."

"Ugh fine." She said with an over-dramatic sigh.

"Yeah, yeah." I rolled my eyes.

I leave her room and make my way over to our kitchen. I've known Mia since high school. She punched some kid in the face because he pulled my hair. We've been best friends ever since. We even go to the same college.

"Alright, I'm ready," Mia announces as she steps out of her room. She's wearing tight jeans and a baggy sweatshirt.

 She's wearing tight jeans and a baggy sweatshirt

And I'm wearing a tight yellow sundress.

"Okay let's go," I say.

"Mind if we stop by the cafe after class?"

"Yeah sure."

***

As we make our way to her car, Mia goes on a rant about her economics teacher Miss Ramsey.

"She is such a pain in the ass!" Mia exclaimed. "I mean who does she think she is assigning me extra homework over the weekend?"

"Well Mia, she is your professor," I say quietly.

"I hate everything about my stupid life!" She yells while throwing her hands in the air.

"What about me?" I ask with a fake pout. She squishes my face in between her hands.

"You're too precious to hate." She coos at me. I blush and mumble thank you.

She winks at me and says, "No problem sweet cheeks."

10 MINUTES LATER:

While we were driving one of my favorite songs came on.

'So you say you're moving out of state Soon as you graduate, interesting (yeah)... Where's the bathroom at? Leave me alone I just came here to the party for the drugs...'

Once we get to the cafe, Mia and I sit at a table and wait for our order.

"Don't look, but that guy in the back is staring at you," Mia whispers not so quietly. I look around the neighboring tables until my eyes meet a pair of icy blue ones.