031

Chapter Thirty-one - our first date.

A LONG 5 MINUTES LATER

"Reservation for Vinnie Hacker? Table for 2"

Vinnie stood up as I followed after "that's us" he said and walked forward to the short young lady with menus in her hand.

"Good Evening, this way"

After ordering our food, we were currently waiting for our waitress Olivia to come back with our food.

It was a very nice restaurant, looked very expensive. Wasn't used to it, I always ate at BOA or Sadle Ranch. I would postmates or cook food if I wasn't going out with anyone. I wouldn't say that this was a first though, Chase would sometimes bring us to a fancy restaurant when we hang out sometimes.

"It's these times where I wish I wore a dress." I said as I laid my hands on my lap. I took a deep breath and looked at Vinnie

"You look fine Soph, dress or not"

I sighed, I grabbed my phone from my bag and answered a few texts from my team. Of course their asking me if I'm ok with new appoinments, like photoshoots, meetings, and more brand deals. Love that.

I guess Vinnie noticed that my small smile had faded away while I was reading messages and grabbed the phone out of my hand. "Hey! I was reading something!" I raised my voice a little bit as I tried reaching for my phone.

"Come on Sophia, it's our first date and you're worried about work thats states away from here" Vinnie said and slipped my Phone in his pocket "Besides your on Vacation right?"

"I know I'm on Vacation Vinnie, but I have so much to do when we go back to L.A I have to keep track or else I'll get mixed up"

"you can deal with that later, for now just relax" Vinnie said and placed his hand over mine. Vinnie was right. I should worry about it later, besides it is our first date. I should just enjoy it while it lasts.

Many minutes later, our waitress came back with our food.

"So in middle school, I was doing a play and for the play I had to act out some girl who was dating this football player at their school, fucking sucked"

"Oh really? Why?"

"Well the guy who 'I was dating' was a dude I used to have a crush on before I dated Kevin. But then I found out that he used girls at our school for good grades"

"Then why didn't you back out of the play?" Vinnie asked as I drank some water to wash down the sushi that got stuck in my throat "I'm sure the teacher would have understood"

"I don't remember exactly what happened but I think that I was forced to do the play or I'll get a F in theater."

"Oh shit"

"Yea, but I got over it."

The date went well, most of the time was spent giggling and laughing because of something we said to each other. It was a good first date, and the food was pretty good too. I told Vinnie things about my childhood -or. The good parts of it at least- while he told me funny stuff about his. Never thought about it, telling some parts of my childhood to a guy, but I just went along with it and it ended well gladly. Didn't say anything weird, or I don't think I did.

For a first date, I actually enjoyed it. I haven't gone on a first date since middle school, which was with.. you know who. But I've forgotten all about it so it doesn't bring back any memories. Vinnie didn't make it feel like a date, but a friendly date. Still very much like a gentleman, giving me his jacket because it was chilly out when we left the restaurant.