57-Abeloth's Cage•

3.4K words
༻✦༺
Countdown: 9 months

(y/n)'s POV
With one hand on my stomach, and one on my back - Anakin leaned towards me and brushed his lips against my ear, "Let's leave." He whispered, then slowly and gently - kissed the back of my ear.

Goosebumps arose and my heart pounded into my throat. I shivered with a breathy chuckle, "You want to leave your own wedding?"

He nodded, leaning away enough for me to see his infectious smile that sat across his lips, "I got everything I needed; I married you, I danced with you, and I already had cake."

I threw my head back in a laugh as Anakin's smile grew at the sound of my joy, "I love that you have cake on the same list of importance as me." I continued giggling as I patted his hard stomach, "Woah there, sure you're not the pregnant one?" I teased, despite the amazing six-pack residing underneath his clothing.

He breathed a laugh that sounded similar to a beautiful harmony, "Shut up you jerk, but I am ready to leave if you are," He raised his hand from my back and gently stroked my cheek with his thumb, "I would love to spend some alone time with my wife."

My smile widened, knowing exactly what he wanted, and of course - I wanted it too, "And I would love to spend some alone time with my husband," I grinned as I leaned forward and kissed him softly on the lips before we both stood up together, "Are we going to make an announcement to the guests or?" I asked, eyeing the room of guests who were all conversing amongst themselves - oblivious to our near departure.

Anakin shook his head as he held my hand and pulled me towards the same door we went out of previously, that led to the courtyard, "No, they're going to want to talk to me first, and I'm sick of Tarkin's voice." He rolled his eyes.

"You invited him," I mumbled under my breath. My now husband pushed open the door to the outside world, and my eyes instantly landed on a ship - one that I recognized, "This is the same ship you used when you went to Tatooine." I stated with an excited grin.

The memory of the best day of my life - besides today - engulfed my mind. I accepted the hand of the devil with feelings of uncertainty, and he gave me the galaxy and unconditional love in return.

"It is," He concurred and with the wave of his hand, the ramp lowered down, "I thought it was the perfect ship to fly off to our honeymoon in."

"It is perfect," I whispered with a tightened feeling in my chest. My life has improved in so many ways and it's all because of him - I'm married, pregnant, and I own half of this galaxy.

I'm an Empress; a Queen.

But none of it means a single thing to me if he won't be there.

༻✦༺

Mauls POV
I slammed the door shut behind me with an irritated groan. He has truly gone insane if he thinks I'm going to set him free. His request was, 'Put me in a ship with no tracker, and once I'm safely away -
I'll send you the coordinates for the droid.'

One, I don't trust him in the slightest to give me the coordinates for the location of the droid. And two, one of the first things he'll do when he's free is go after (y/n), and I can't risk that. It's so funny to think that in the beginning, I was trying to use her as bait, and now - I'd rather be the bait.