our union regulated break

Ink enjoyed a tasty b a g u e t t e as he spied on all of his multiverse neighbors at once. The Multiverse was quite a large place, but still, he had grown tired of it. He produced a piece of paper and a colorful pen, and he scribbled intently on it with shades of pink, purple, green, blue, and orange until it became a new AU... NPCTale.

Or maybe he should call it Gardentale. Or FrogPrinceTale.

"Ink!"

Of course, he COULD call it 'The queen flips off the king and and constantly reminds him of it with the use of her personal bodyguards tale,' but that was too much of a mouthful.

"Ink! I haven't seen Error or Chevron in months! Where did we send them??" Dream's panic snapped Ink out of his deep-thinking state.

"Who?" Ink inquired.

"Error and Chevron, the people that we sent to an AU together. But I haven't seen or felt them in months! Where did we send them?"

"Oooohhh, yeah, I don't remember." Ink laughed and resumed working on his AU, drawing it to life.

Dream stood between Ink and his work, looking determined. "Please, Ink, I need you to remember! I need Chevron so I can continue his goodness training! And Nightmare says that he misses 'The attention hog' which can only mean Error!"

"Oh man, must suck to be you right now, haha!" Ink tried to push Dream out of his way, but Dream retaliated. "Come o n, scarf buddy, we don't even need them! Why do you care all of a sudden?"

"Because we're supposed to protect the universe and everyone in it! We can't just... erase people from existence!"

Ink spaced out again. "I never noticed how cool your cape is. It's got a little sun on it.... what were we talking about again?"

"What AU did we put Error and Chevron in? I need to bring them back because the balance of the universe has gone totally off course," Dream said.

"Oh. OH! I remember. You won't be able to get them back, though." Ink smiled.

A minute went by without another answer from Ink.

"Why not? I... we're the Star Sanses, we can do anything!"

"heheheh. only i sent them off to an au of memories and nightmares in which there is no entrance or exit... only getting along. it is the get-along au, not the get-out au."

Dream started panicking again, flailing his hands around widely. "What?! Oh no, what I have done? I asked you to do this, and now they're stuck, OH MOTHER, WHAT HAVE I BECOME?!?" Dream star-portalled out of the Doodlesphere, desperately trying to find a way to get Error and Chevron back from the get-along AU.