35. We are engaged

Marry me.

Marry me.

Marry me.

Those two words were on repeat in my head all day. That make out session turned into much more after I finally vocalized that yes. Harlan hadn't wasted anytime attaching our lips again and stripping us both down. The memory of his mouth, the way he thrusted deep into me caused me to clench my thighs.

Marry me.

Those were the words he had whispered into my ear this morning. They were the words that hung in the air all morning as we ate breakfast. And now as I finished up at work it was all I could think about.

His hands on my body, his erection pressed against against my thigh, those two words floating out of his mouth.

I was beginning to lose my mind.

I had said yes but now I didn't know what it meant. Was he actually proposing? Were we engaged? These were questions I should have asked him this morning but I didn't really know what I wanted the answer to be.

"Did you finish setting up my schedule for next week?" My boss walked up to my desk.

I hadn't even seen her walk out of her office. I was seriously off my game today.

"Yeah I was just sending out an email to the insurance place to get the estimates for Mr. Flinn." I looked back at the blank email.

"Ok once you finish that feel free to head out. I'm staying late so don't worry about locking up." She nodded at me and then went back to her office.

That was all I needed to focus and I cranked out the email almost desperate to get out of here. I didn't know what I wanted the answers from Harlan to be but I didn't care.

I just needed to know.

I didn't go home after work. I was making a beeline to Harlan's apartment. No matter what he meant I didn't care as long as we both were on the same page.

When I arrived I knocked still feeling weird about just barging in especially since Harlan didn't live here in his own. It felt wrong to just barge in on Jaxon's space. So I stood outside the door and waited for someone to answer the door.

"Hey!" Jaxon beamed when he answered the door.

"Hey." I greeted with a smile.

"Harlan's not home yet but come in and help." He ushered me inside.

I walked in confused what exactly I was helping with. Once I was inside the apartment I saw the post it notes scattered all over the living room and kitchen.

"What is all this?" I questioned.

I knew they weren't here this morning.

"I'm making note of all the stuff that's Harlan's. If you don't want anything just take the sticky note off. Makes it easier for me and my bank account if I don't have to replace it."

What was going on?

"What are you talking about?" I inquired, this seemed a lot like Harlan moving out and we hadn't exactly talked about that yet.

"Are you guys not going to be living together? I'd hate to have spent all day doing this for nothing." He frowned.

"Harlan told you we were moving in together?"

We were definitely not on the same page at the moment.

"No?" Jaxon seemed to be able to tell that I had no clue what was going on. It was nice of him to try to backpedal and fix this for Harlan.

"What exactly did he say?" I pressed.

"Well he seemed extra cheery this morning so I asked him what was up and he just told me he got the girl and that I'd have this place to myself soon. I figured that meant that you guys had decided to move in together. I mean everyone's just been waiting for it to happen."

I mean at least he hadn't straight up just decided we were moving in together without actually talking to me about it. Did I want to move in with him? Absolutely but I didn't want him to make decisions for us without both of us agreeing to it.

"Is that something you want? For Harlan to move out?" I hadn't really thought about Jaxon's feelings. Harlan moving out would leave him with this apartment by himself.

"Look I love the dude but that's the only reason I'm still even living with him. I don't need a roommate and I'm more than happy to finally live on my own but there's just never been a reason to actually stop living with him. Now that you're here I finally have a reason to get rid of that idiot. I pass the baton." He pretended to pass something off to me.

"I'll happily take the idiot." I laughed.

"He really loves you Ava. I've never seen him like this before. Just don't break his heart." Jaxon said seriously.

"I love him more than anything. I'd rather cut my own arm off than hurt him." I assured him.

"Please down cut your arm off. I quite like your arms." Harlan's voice made me jump.

I hadn't heard him walk through the door. I turned and stared up at him. It was hard to fight the smile that spread across my face whenever I saw him.

"Hi." I looked up at him.

"Hi." He smiled and leaned down to press his lips against mine.

"Alight well I'm going to take a nap." Jaxon said leaving us alone in the living room.

"I think we should have a chat." I told him.

"Ugh that doesn't sound good." He groaned but followed me as I led him to the couch.

"Stop acting like you don't know what I want to talk about." I rolled my eyes.

"I meant it if that's what you're asking. I want to marry you, heck I wish our first marriage stuck. I want a future with you Ava and I want to move in with you. I know you have this whole order and being a normal couple but I don't really care about any of that I just care about you."

"Is this absolutely crazy?" I asked him.

"Maybe a little but that tends to be our thing." He shrugged.

"Then yes." I nodded.

"To what?" He asked.

"Everything, marrying you, moving in. I'm all in." I had never said any words more truthful.

"Does this mean we are engaged?" He asked his face lighting up.

"Yeah and we are going to need to plan a wedding." The idea of doing all that seemed unreal, that was going to be a lot of work.

"About that.." One look at his face and I knew he was scheming.

This would be interesting.

A/n:

I'm going back to twice a week uploads. So there will be a new chapter every Tuesday and Saturday. I'm going on a trip for my brothers birthday this weekend so the chapter might be late but I'll make sure to upload one this weekend. I've been writing more for this story and I'm super excited for you all to see where it goes.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you did don't forget to comment and vote!

-Cora Leigh