36.

Rose opened her eyes the next morning and for the briefest of moments forgot about the day before. She was even considering writing to Marlene.

But when she saw the picture frame on her bed stand and her headache began, all of it came rushing back.

She sat up in bed and covered her face with her hands. Rose couldn't write to Marlene. She never would be able to again.

The girl knew she needed a shower. She needed to get rid of the clothes on her body and clean her red hair.

And in the shower, she cried more. She sat on the floor of the shower and let the water run over her as she continued to cry.

Her shower went on for far too long when Rose finally decided she was done. She got out and got dressed, picking one of Marlene's jumpers to make her feel better.

The light hurt Rose's eyes when she walked out of her bedroom, the drinking from the night before not doing her any favours.

"Morning, Red," she heard a male voice say before she made it ten steps.

Rose jumped and went to reach for her wand before realizing she didn't have it. She looked around before seeing Sirius sitting on her couch, wand in hand.

"What are you doing here, Padfoot?" Rose questioned, calming down and walking over to sit on the couch with him.

"Wanted to make sure you didn't do something you'd regret. Only to see you already had," Sirius replied with a sad smile. He handed her a potion from her own drawer, one specifically designed for hangovers.

"Thanks," Rose mumbled, downing the disgusting potion before throwing the bottle behind her.

"I would ask how you are, but..." Sirius began to say, trailing off at the end.

"Shitty. Really shitty," Rose responded with a sigh, rubbing her face. She just felt empty. Like nothing else she did in life would matter after this.

"Let's do something then. You can't shut down like last time. Do something that makes you feel alive. You need to be present for her funeral, Red. She deserves that," Sirius said, telling Rose the cold truth.

"And I still have to plan that. Fuck," Rose said with a sigh, shaking her head. "Tattoo me," she added after a moment.

"Me? You want me to tattoo you?" Sirius asked, looking at Rose sideways.

"It'll make me feel alive. I don't know, give me something about quidditch, since I'll never be able to play professionally. Something for... her. Flowers. Anything," Rose said, standing up and taking her shirt off.

"Fine. I'm quite the artist I'll have you know," Sirius responded, coming around to the idea.

Rose walked over to her liquor cabinet and pulled fire whiskey out of it. She managed to limit herself to a glass this time instead of a whole bottle.

She returned to the living room and laid down on the couch face down. Rose unclamped her bra and left her spine open for tattoo'ing, she wanted to feel somethings.

There was a spell for tattooing in the wizarding world, though it was often left to professionals.

Sirius began tattooing Rose and she grimaced and groaned. But she felt it. She felt the pain of the ink going into her skin and it made her feel alive.