✾𝟭𝟱✾

The sun was bright as the trees were huge and they stood their ground

The sun was bright as the trees were huge and they stood their ground. "Total concentration breathing?" Tanjiro asked. "That's right," Urokodaki said. "And I'm going to be teaching you both all ten water-breathing forms," Urokodaki said to Y/n and Tanjiro. "Remember to take a long breath so the oxygen flows into every cell in your body," Urokodaki said. "This will enhance your body's natural healing power and both stabilize and energize your spirit," Urokodaki added. 

"Relax your upper body," Urokodaki commanded. Y/n relaxed her shoulders a bit as Tanjiro did the same. "While bracing your lower half," Urokodaki said. Tanjiro squatted a bit and Y/n did the same. "Alright! Breathe!" Urokodaki exclaimed. Tanjiro breathed in and let out a breath but let out a choked sound as Urokodaki punched him in the stomach. "Wrong!" Urokodaki exclaimed. Tanjiro hugged his stomach and groaned in pain. Y/n breath in and let out a deep breath. It was somehow a very gentle and soft breath. Urokodaki karate-chopped her head. She let out a small squeal. "Wrong!" Urokodaki yelled. 

Y/n held the top of her head in pain. "Next! Forms!" Urokodaki exclaimed. "Right! Like this!" Tanjiro asked as he was doing a pose. "Like this?" Y/n asked in a silly pose. "Wrong!" Urokodaki yelled. "Like this?!" Tanjiro shouted as he used a different pose. Y/n then did a majestic pose. "Like this?" she asked. "Almost there!" Urokodaki exclaimed. Tanjiro did a punching pose. "Like this?!" Tanjiro asked. "Wrong!" Urokodaki exclaimed again. Y/n was very confused before she started posing. "Like this?" "Wrong!" Urokodaki said. Urokodaki then started punching Tanjiro in the stomach repeatedly and when he was done, Tanjiro held his stomach and yell in pain. 

Urokodaki then karate-chopped y/n's head five times. Y/n whined when he hit her head. "Ow!" Y/n whined. 

Y/n and Tanjiro looked down from the rocks as the waterfall was visible in the background. "Get in there!" Urokodaki said as he kicked Tanjiro off, Tanjiro looked down with panicked eyes before he screamed while trying to run back to the rock, holding his hands out for y/n but too late, he fell dramatically, as Y/n looked at his falling figure. "Tanjiro!" Y/n yelled worriedly as she looked down from the rock. "Nezuko! Y/n!" he yelled all the way till he "Go down there, don't make me kick you off," Urokodaki said. "E-Er-- Grandpa, this looks pretty high--" Y/n said worriedly as she gulped. "I think that I'll pass--" she said with dotted eyes but then suddenly she slipped and fall off the slippery rocks. 

Y/n was confused for a second before she realized that she was going to fall to her doom. She shrieked as she hit the cold water that made her freeze. She was floating, not moving for a few minutes, the only thing Urokodaki could see was her head in the water as her back was shown, he got worried for a bit before she lift her head to gasp for air.

✿ 

Tanjiro then did a squat pose as he was under the waterfall with Y/n on his side, shivering in the cold. "Nezuko! Y/n! I am water!" Tanjiro screamed. Y/n looked at Tanjiro before shutting her eyes tightly and opening them. The touch of the pouring harsh water hit her as she felt how cold it was. Tanjiro them crumbled and fell down slowly. Y/n was just trying to concentrate but couldn't. 

It's been 6 months that Nezuko was awake. Urokodaki hired a doctor to check up on her but the doctor found nothing wrong with Nezuko but it wasn't normal for Nezuko to sleep this long. Tanjiro grew scared and worried, all Y/n could do was just giving him delicate words of reassurance, even if she wasn't so sure about Nezuko. She, herself was also getting very worried but she masked it with a reassuring smile.  

"Don't worry, Tanji, she'll be fine," Y/n smiled at Tanjiro. Tanjiro glanced at y/n before hugging her tightly and burying his face in her shoulders. "I'm just worried that what if I wake up to find her dead?" Tanjiro asked with a cracked tone. Y/n's hands made it to Tanjiro's hair and softly ruffled it. "Don't be scared, Tanjiro. It's alright," Y/n said. "She's still breathing, alive, and well right now," Y/n said as she closed her eyes and hummed delicately, the way they are acting is oddly adorable, just like a married couple. 

The mountains were high and mighty, the sun was blanketed with the clouds. The descends to the mountains are getting even more dangerous. The air was thin, the challenges are harder, Tanjiro and Y/n were getting even nearer and nearer to their deaths in most of the traps. 

Tanjiro swung his sword, cutting the stone with spiky spikes that were flying to him, then Y/n swung all the incoming blades skilfully. Clashes of irons create small red sparks as y/n smiled proudly at Tanjiro. "Good job, Tanji," Y/n smiled. Tanjiro beamed. "Thank you, Y/n. You too," Tanjiro smiled happily. 

"I have nothing more to teach you both," Urokodaki said. Tanjiro and Y/n held their knees, face covered in soot as they panted. "The rest is up to you both, whether or not you both can improve to the next level!" Urokodaki exclaimed. "Come with me! Both of you!" Urokodaki exclaimed before he lead them away. They walked away in sync, Tanjiro looking away. Y/n just looking at Urokodaki curiously. The snow fell delicately on her skin, the air was calm but cold. The snow crunched under their feet. 

They stopped before two huge boulders with a strong bound on each of the boulders. "If you both can slice this boulder," Urokodaki started. "I will allow you to go to the final selection," Urokodaki continued. Tanjiro looked at Urokodaki then at the boulder. "Grandpa... if I can't do the water breathing, how am I supposed to cut a boulder? Let alone a huge one?" Y/n asked.

"There is a way to everything. You'll figure it out," Urokodaki said. "Mr. Urokodaki! Please wait!" Urokodaki hears as he walked away. "Mr. Urokodaki!" Tanjiro exclaimed. Since that day, Urokodaki had never taught them anything again.