chapter 14- chug jug with you

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

wilbur's pov

i bite my tongue after putting my chat in emote only. this is the most painfully awkward call i've ever been in. way worse than any love or host i've witnessed.

You whisper to aubreyyxo: are you okay?

i hit enter to send the message and anxiously wait for a response in a dead silent call.

TommyInnit whispers to you: did i fuck up

You whisper to TommyInnit: no tommy, you're fine. dw about it

i start feeling bad for tommy after i realize how bad he feels. i could tell he didn't mean to be harsh, he just took his joke a little too far.

the four of us sit silently for another few seconds until i hear tubbo tapping away at his keyboard. normally i would've laughed at how loudly he's typing, but laughter doesn't feel right in this situation.

tubbo lets out a quiet snort as he types some more.

what in the world is he-

number one victory royale

yeah fortnite we bout to get down

tubbo starts laughing as he sings along to the song he queued up.

ten kills on the board right now

just wiped out tomato town

"what the FUCK?" tommy yells with a loud laugh.

"my friend just got downed, i revived him now we're heading south-bound," tubbo sings along.

"now we're in the pleasant park streets," i join in.

"look at the map, go to the marked sheet!"

tubbo and i goof off as the song plays while tommy shakes his head in disgust. i wait for aubrey to join in, but she still hasn't said anything.

we get through an entire new verse without aubrey singing. halfway through the verse, i realize it's time to step in.

"come on aubrey!" i encourage. "take the mic!"

i hear a quiet laugh from her end of the call.

"i know damn well you know this song!" i entice her slightly more. i hear her sigh and then the chorus comes up.

"take me to your xbox to play fortnite today," she sings quietly.

"YEAH!" i cheer. "there we go!"

"you can take me to moisty mire but not loot lake," tommy awkwardly joins in, making us laugh.

"i really love to," aubrey starts singing more enthusiastically. "chug jug with you!"

"we can be pro fortnite gamers!" the four of us sing in unison.

we finish the song and laugh. gotta hand it to tubbo, that was a pretty smart idea.

aubreyyxo whispers to you: i'm alright :)

i smile.

"sorry if i said anything too harsh, aubrey," tommy says sheepishly. "i didn't mean to hurt your feelings. it was all a joke."

"don't worry tommy, all is well," she responds happily.

∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

"WE DID IT!" tommy cheers as soon as we finish the final game, sands of time. "WE'RE IN FIRST!"

"LET'S GO LIME LLAMAS!" aubrey yells excitedly. we worked our asses off during hole in the wall and sands of times to be in top two to have a chance at winning, and it paid off. we're going to dodgebolt.

"dodge and weave!" i remind everyone as soon as we're taken into the dodgebolt arena. "don't forget to dodge and weave! we got this!"

the team we're against is green guardians. techno, quackity, joel, and ollie. again.

"we beat them at battle box!" tubbo says. "we can totally beat them again!"

"eyes on techno!" i say. "that includes you, aubrey. no goofing off with quackity." aubrey laughs and i breathe a sigh of relief, silently thanking the lord for having her take the joke well.

the match includes a lot of dodging, weaving, and psyching the other team out with our bow, until finally joel lands a hit on aubrey.

"shit," aubrey mutters as she's striked out.

"no worries! we got this!" tommy encourages, though none of us really seem to believe it.

but by some miracle, we end up tagging the entire team out without losing the rest of our team. the four of us celebrate in call, until i remind them that the game isn't over.

"also remember!" tubbo announces. "it doesn't matter if we win the first round or the second one. we REALLY need to win the third round. that's the final round, and the round that determines the winner. the green team could reverse sweep us for all we know."

"are you serious?" aubrey complains. "that's stupid! it should be best out of three! why have three rounds if only the last one matters?" the rest of us murmur awkwardly in response because we know she definitely has a point.

the next round starts up and the green team wins. the score is now one to one, but like aubrey said, that doesn't matter. only the third and final round matters.

a ton of our friends put lime foam hands on our skins and are cheering for us in chat. practically the entire dream smp is on our side, along with a most of the girls rooting for aubrey.

"the most important thing right now is being calm," tommy says. "i know we're all stressed, but we got this. we beat them the first round, anyway!"

"and then we lost to them the second round," tubbo reminds him glumly.

"that's not the mindset to have, tubbo!" i say. "remember what we said earlier? think positive!"

the round starts and our hearts are beating faster than ever. this is what it's all come down to.

(A/N babe wake up new let me down slowly chapter finally dropped)

(hello my lovely readers i'm sorry i'm dead but SCHOOL </3 but somehow i had a sudden surge of creativity today and wrote five chapters in one sitting. so that's really cool :D anyway i hope you have an amazing day! please vote, comment, share, and add this to your reading lists! it would be so epic!! i love you all so much *gives you a big kiss on the forehead*)