1.7

"lock it! lock it!" scott exclaimed

"do i look like i have a key?" stiles raised his eyebrows.

"grab something!"

"what?"

"anything!"

stiles' face formed to realization, looking through the window. he went to open the door but sillie stopped.

"absolutely not," she stated with barely any emotion, forcing herself to snap out of her trance. she had the boys to protect, she could grieve or whatever over derek later.

"yeah, no," scott agreed.

"yes," stiles decided.

"stiles, no! don't!"

"stiles!" sillie yanked him away from the door, standing in front of him. "listen to me. for once, fucking listen to me! i'm gonna get it, and you're gonna stay here. i'm not-"

"sillie-" he tried.

"i'm not letting you go out there!" she raised her voice, holding his shoulders. "i'm not letting you get hurt. you're my brother, and you're my responsibility."

stiles froze at the phrase their mom would use. sillie hadn't said it in a while.

"stay here," she demanded, quickly grabbing the tool after looking around for the alpha.

"sillie!" stiles screamed, hitting the window and pointing to his jeep. "in front of you!"

"come back!" scott yelled. "come back! sillie!"

"he's in front of you, sillie, move!"

she lifted her head and gulped, stepping back slowly from the alpha. he growled and barked at her, picking up the pace and beginning to run at her. she turned and ran back into the school, opening the tool to place it in between the doors, temporarily keeping it 'locked'.

stiles threw his arms around her, squeezing the life out of her. scott joined, nuzzling his face into her shoulder.

"never do that again," stiles begged.

"please," scott added. "that was freaking terrifying."

"i'm not hurt," she told them, her arms around their shoulders. she let go of them so they could all look out the window.

"where is it?" scott asked.

stiles grabbed his flashlight and shined it through the window.

"where'd it go?"

"he's keeping us on our toes," sillie muttered. "if he wanted, he'd attack already. we gotta go."

"go where?" stiles exclaimed.

"i don't know!" she replied.

scott sighed. "that won't hold, will it?"

"probably not," stiles muttered.