(NON-CANON) MINI-SHORT: "Toys! TOYS!! TOYS!!!"

As another lovely morning was just beginning to dawn with the sun rising and the sky shining, the Baby Gems and Baby Steven all started to wake up from their nice and peaceful slumber. But today… they were about to encounter an incredible discovery unlike anything they ever thought would be imaginable. Because today, their playroom had some new additions. A LOT of new additions.

As Baby Steven’s little eyes began to open… he couldn’t believe what he was seeing! In fact, he was so excited, he took a little peek from the crib he was in!

“Whoa!” Baby Steven gasped. “What is all of this?!”

The new additions, you’re asking? It was a whole bunch of plush dolls, toys, plastic figures, wobbly figures, and even a few completely-constructed building sets of… wait a second… Steven Universe itself?! In fact, even their crib had a new addition! It was a brand new blanket… that was just like Baby Steven’s very own little t-shirt!

“What are these strange new intruders?” Baby Peridot asked from inside her side of the crib she shared with Baby Lapis and Baby Bismuth.

“They look… like us!” Baby Pearl replied with surprise.

“Look at all of these toys!” Baby Amethyst excitedly exclaimed while bouncing up and down. “There’s SO MANY of them!”

“And they’re colorful too!” Baby Bismuth added in amazement, peeking over her crib, dangling one of her arms in the process.

Baby Lapis was equally interested as she looked at the all sorts of new toys that were around all across their playroom.

And so, Baby Steven and the Baby Gems all decided to perform their little stack to, very carefully and safely, climb out of their own crib. After giving Baby Lapis, Baby Peridot, and Baby Bismuth all helping hands, they curiously explored their new discoveries!

Baby Steven found a little plush doll of himself and was just in complete awe. But there was a special surprise. Upon lifting his shirt… the Steven plushie had his gemstone! Just like the little baby boy himself!

“Aww!” Baby Steven smiled, holding the doll in his two hands. “You’re just like me!”

But he wasn’t the only one who had a cotton-filled doppelganger. Baby Pearl also found five smaller ones of herself, as well as Garnet, Steven, Amethyst, and even Lion! She decided to be cute to them as well and have the four main ones take turns having a fun ride on the little Lion doll, which was just as cute.

“Here you go, tiny Garnet!” Baby Pearl smiled while playing along. “A fun little ride on Lion, just for you!”

“Look, Lion!” Baby Steven added as he showed his large pink lion cub the smaller toy copy of himself. “It's a mini-you!”

But Baby Lion just gave a huge yawn and just flopped down on the floor and took a nap, which made Baby Steven and Baby Pearl chuckle upon seeing the sleepy feline.

Toddler Garnet was with a few… wobbly members as she was playing with the Rockerz lineup. She was there, along with Amethyst, Pearl, Steven, Lion, and even Greg! One little push and they would sway from side to side or up and down, which for a little fusion like her, it was a visually stunning sight to see.

“Unbelievable…” Toddler Garnet whispered to herself as she played with the figure that looked like herself. “I never thought I would see myself in such a moving way…”

Baby Amethyst and Baby Bismuth were quite playful. They decided to play with the building sets that they had. One of them was with Steven, Greg, and the Mr. Universe van, another with Amethyst and the kitchen, one with Pearl and the Great Diamond Authority Pillar, and even Garnet playing with Meat Beat Mania, as seen in the classic episode, Arcade Mania.

“These little figures look quite accurate!” Baby Bismuth approved while giving them a closer look.

“Vroom! Vroom!” Baby Amethyst pretended while making the Mr. Universe van dash across the floor. “This little van’s got some speed to it!”

Baby Lapis had a few smaller figures… or… Pint-Size Heroes, in this case. And boy… did she have a whole bunch of them! Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Peridot, Lapis, Steven, Lion, Greg, Connie, Onion, Jasper, Rose, Stevonnie, even Jasper and a Watermelon Steven! They were small, yes. But they were quite a surprise for the little water-colored Baby Gem as she decided to have them together, all in one.

“I look so tiny!” Baby Lapis admitted while looking at her own figure. “They even made me have my water-wings!”

And upon seeing everyone in such a positive mood, there was just something about the sight that made Baby Steven feel very special inside his little heart. He just looked at his Steven plushie… and smiled at it while giving it all sorts of hugs and snuggles.

But then, all of a sudden, Baby Steven and the Baby Gems all came across something else that was in their playroom! One by one, they all looked in complete surprise and amazement upon what it was. It was ANOTHER collection of stuffed dolls of Steven, Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl and even Peridot!

“Hey, Look at that! It's five of us!” Baby Peridot pointed out as she picked up her plush duplicate, complete with a set of limb enhancers.

“Your toy's nose is funny looking, Peri!” Baby Amethyst laughed as she compared the plush nose to Baby Peridot’s actual nose.

“Oh my stars!” Baby Pearl gasped.

“That’s so nice!” Baby Steven happily added with his cute smile.

“I’ve never seen so many.” Toddler Garnet heartily agreed.

The five little Baby Gems all decided to curiously play with their own little doll replicas. And sure enough, they were fascinated by how snuggly and cuddly they were! In fact, they made up their own imaginary adventures together, with Baby Steven and Baby Pearl pretending to have an exploration through another planet, Baby Amethyst and Baby Peridot having a little tickle fight with them, and even Toddler Garnet having… a staring contest with hers!

After a long time of playing... was just a very cute sight. With them was the little blanket from their crib… while each of the Baby Gems, including Baby Steven, were all snuggling with their favorite little toys. Baby Steven, Pearl, Peridot, Garnet, and Amethyst all had their little plushies, Baby Lapis had her little Pint-Size Heroes figure, and Baby Bismuth even decided to make a little display piece for the characters from the building sets! At that moment, Baby Amethyst let out a small yawn as she was stretching one of her arms out and snuggling with her little Amethyst doll.

“Amethyst? Are you tired?” Baby Pearl asked curiously.

“What?! I'm not…” Baby Amethyst disagreed before letting out another faint yawn. “…tired yet…”

Sure enough, she just fell asleep! Baby Pearl just chuckled a little as she, too, closed her eyes and went back to sleep after quite a very fun day of having playtime with toys of… well… themselves! The other Baby Gems also decided to take a nap also as they snuggled together with not only their little favorite toys… but their own selves as well.