TEASER-SHORT: "The Great Discovery"

Since the beginning of time, mankind has been getting to know many heroes across the galaxy. From the capes… to the super-powers… to facing their greatest enemies. But now, SEVEN brand new heroes are making their stand for their OWN kind of adventures… which will completely… and utterly… ADORE YOU.

Suddenly, a tiny purple hand begins to feel the glass of the screen as one of the new heroes, being Baby Amethyst, soon looked and gasped in amazement.

“Whoa!” Baby Amethyst gasped. “Hi out there! You’re… a bit bigger than I thought!”

“Amethyst!” Baby Pearl called as she walked in on the scene. “What are you doing?”

“Well, duh!” Baby Amethyst replied with a chuckle. “I’m talking to this human… that’s… looking at us!”

Baby Pearl suddenly noticed the viewer and was stunned. “Oh my!”

“I know, right?!” Baby Amethyst excitedly exclaimed. “You look REALLY good, by the way!”

“I wonder what this human is doing…” Baby Pearl thought curiously while scratching her chin.

Suddenly, another member, being their fusion leader, Toddler Garnet, peeked in.

“I heard the news.” Toddler Garnet said, sitting down next to Baby Pearl. “We have a visitor.”

“I think this... viewer… is quite surprised to see us!” Baby Pearl suggested, thinking that was the reason.

Toddler Garnet then crawled closer to the screen, took off her visor, and curiously looked at the viewer with her three little blue, red, and violet eyes.

“I can sense… a bright future for you, stranger.” Toddler Garnet predicted with a cute smile.

“What do you mean by stranger, Garnet?” Baby Steven asked as he walked in before noticing who they were seeing. “Oh! Hi! You must be new here! I’m Steven! And these are my friends! Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl!”

“It’s nice to know ya!” Baby Amethyst happily agreed, flopping on her stomach and smiling.

“It’s actually good to know more about you!” Baby Pearl smiled as well.

“I think this human loves us already.” Toddler Garnet suggested.

“Aww!” Baby Steven blushed. “We love you too!”

“Stranger?! PLEASE don’t be a threat to us!” Baby Peridot begged in fright, overhearing the conversation. “We didn’t do anything wrong! I swear!”

“Uhh… Peridot?” Baby Amethyst said with confusion.

“We… don’t see any threats.” Baby Steven added.

“Oh…” Baby Peridot understood. “Please excuse my sudden intrusion. I am the great Peridot! Greetings to you, Earthling!”

“Must be from the same environment as Steven is!” Baby Pearl gasped upon hearing what Baby Peridot said.

“Cool!” Baby Steven smiled as he blushed.

Suddenly, Baby Lapis flew in by using her little water-wings to do so.

“Hello!” Baby Lapis greeted while giving a cute wave. “I’m Lapis! As you can see, I’m still learning how to use my new wings. But I’m getting pretty good at it!”

Baby Lapis then made a very safe landing, joining the other members as she landed by using her tiny blue feet. Baby Steven was very glad to have all of his members… but one of them was still missing!

“Wait…” Baby Steven paused. “Where’s the other one?”

But suddenly, out of nowhere, two little gray hands began to cover the screen.

“Guess who?!” Baby Bismuth laughed as she soon uncovered the camera.

“Aww, Bismuth!” Baby Pearl giggled while joining her side.

“Couldn’t resist.” Baby Bismuth chuckled as they both shared a laugh together.

Baby Steven just giggled along with them upon seeing them being playful and silly with one another before he crawled up to the camera while the other Baby Gems started playing together.

“Well… now you met my friends, who are the greatest friends in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE…” Baby Steven said in his cheerful voice. “… you better get ready. Because... Do we have a lot of fun surprises for you?”

They may be small… but their adventures will be BIG. And it’s all thanks to a little boy… known as…

And sure enough, as the title card is revealed…

...Steven Universe.

“Hey!” Baby Steven cheered. “That’s me! And that’s a lovely logo too!”

...and the Crystal Babies!

“Ooh!” Baby Steven gasped in amazement. “That’s even better!”

COMING TO WATTPAD
FALL 2021