11

"What was that all about, Feng Yue?" 

Neit asked Morrigan, his twin sister, by her secret name which they used only for each other.

"You noticed that, Feng Xue?" She grinned. "I planted biotrackers inside that bitch's body, and before you said that it was dangerous, I masked it's presence by mimicking her own blood nanites. In short, if you don't specifically look for it, nobody will ever find out about it." Feng Yue was so proud of herself for being able to concoct and execute a plan that fast. 

She noticed Qi Rong's hidden presence ever since he entered the premises, and she could quickly guess the reason why. That's why she choked the bitch, to give her the proximity she needed to transfer the biotracker via her skin. Did not matter that she always use leather gloves, the biotrackers were smaller than the leather's pore, way more smaller, just like a speck of atom, yet they were so much more powerful, just like when she tested them on Qi Rong and discovered some very very interesting stuff that led her into this crusade.

After they entered the target's bloodstream, they would latch themselves onto the nanites and that's it. She could find out everything that the target spoke, saw, heard, smell, and even if she was unconscious, the biotrackers would still be spying for Feng Yue.

Feng Xue only sighed heavily. 

He, himself, was not really fond of violence, unlike his sister who would dive headfirst into any kind of conflict. That's why he focused more on the alchemy side that he loved so much. He dedicated most of his free time–not that they had many–by researching about their bodies, the abilities that their father hid from them, and his latest project, unlocked the part of their minds that were sealed by their father. He had successfully made little dents, which made them able to outsmart their father with their little tricks. But if they wanted to be absolutely free, he had to unseal that hidden part, which was secured by high level arrays and nanites bombs. He wondered what kind of secret that made their father have that level of paranoia. It must've been a huge one, and he was dying to know.

Other than that, he loved to cook, and he was a very good cook judging by how his sister always asked him to cook for her every time they were at home. His sister needed him to take care of her, and to reign her back every time she went into the berserk mode, which fortunately rarely happened these days, unlike those early days.

"You seem hellbent to find out about father's secret, I can't stop you obviously, but please be careful, he's a very dangerous man."

"I know, baby bro, I did it all for us to get free from him, and to  finally do whatever we wanted." She ruffled Feng Xue's hair fondly. In this world, they just had each other and only trusted each other implicitly. Their bond was very strong and they would gladly die for each other. "Now, go make me some of your newest menu, I know you've been experimenting with some strange ingredients these days. Will you let your sister try it?"

"Of course. Duncan taught me how to make it, he said it's a traditional food from where he was from, something called Haggis, and today he's going to teach me how to make black pudding. So exciting." 

Right at that time the doorbell rang, and Feng Xue opened the door for Duncan, the Ringmaster.

"Feng Xue, Feng Yue." He hugged both of them warmly and got the same hugs in return. He was the one who took care of the twins ever since their father shoved them into his arms as wee babes, to train them to be the fiercest warriors, because he knew that Duncan was an unbeatable warrior although he was not that young anymore. His body proved it with the many battle scars as the trophy of the wars he won.

At first he was flabbergasted and overwhelmed by the thought of raising the twins by himself, since he was a confirmed bachelor and had zero experience with raising babies. But after he found out about their secret, he quickly grew very fond of them, and took them as their own children and loved them wholeheartedly, just like they did him.

"Duncan." Feng Yue kissed his leathery cheeks fondly. He was tall and wide with tan skin and all-silver hair. He was a handsome gentleman and the twins bet that he must be more handsome when he was young. Duncan was more of a father figure to them than that crazy bastard who called himself their father. He was also the one who named them with their current names.

"Feng Xue told me that you taught him how to make the traditional food from your country? I can't wait to try them."

"Yeah, but before that, did you do what I think you did to Meng Airan?" 

That was the other reason they admired him. He went straight to the heart of the matter. And it didn't surprise Feng Yue when he asked the question, because she knew that he knew.

"Yeah, I did. I sensed Qi Rong before I entered the office so I prepared to make a ruckus one way or another to let him take that bitch, who knew that she did it first." Feng Yue grinned.

"You have to let me know if you find anything. Do not, I repeat, do not make your own move. It's very very dangerous. Tuigsinn?" He shook Feng Yue lightly to make his point.

"Yes, I understand, Duncan. Now please go cook something, I'm starving." She pushed him toward the direction of the kitchen, where Feng Xue was moving there earlier. He only sighed but he finally relented. He suspected that the girl would not tell him the whole truth, but he got his own way to extract it from her sooner or later, after all, he got nothing better but experience.

After eating a light brunch of croissants and scrambled eggs with truffle oil, the three of them left, leaving Shi Qingxuan behind since she wanted to buy wines for her brother. He Xuan couldn't stay since he had a very important meeting with the only heir from the Patriarchal line of the Medici family, basically the main head of the family, for a project collaboration. God knew how hard it was to ask for Carmine de Medici's time, and he's not going to miss it because his own schedule could not accommodate any reschedule.

"You got an appointment with Carmine de Medici?" Wei Wuxian seemed to have lost in thought. "That name sounds familiar. Can we come with you, Xuanxuan? I wanna see this important client of yours. Maybe we can help."

He Xuan did not hesitate at all when he nodded. Maybe it could be his advantage after all.

The meeting took place in Yuwen International's Hotel, where Lan Wangji had a penthouse on top of the hotel. They met He Xuan at the other penthouse that was used especially for meeting and overnight important guests. It was located one floor beneath their private penthouses, and when the elevator door opened, they saw He Xuan was already inside, speaking with a tall and robust gentleman with healthy tan, bespoke suit, intimidating aura and very handsome. There were only the two of them and two assistants other than Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian who had just entered, and it only made the silence and the sudden crackling in the air become more pronounced.

"These are…" Carmine de Medici asked the question to He Xuan, who was about to introduce them. But Wei Wuxian smiled so widely as she walked closer to the other man until they were nose to nose.

"Ah, perdonami, Signorina. You must be Signore He Xuan's sister-in-law, si? He told me that you and your husband will be joining us soon. I am honored to meet such a bella signora." Carmine de Medici took Wei Wuxian's hand to give it a kiss, when Wei Wuxian suddenly laughed, surprising them all.

"I thought it was you, but turned out to be an impostor." Wei Wuxian grabbed the front of his shirt and shook him hard. "I can smell your cheap disguise from ten klicks away. Now, don't make me repeat myself. Where. Is. He."

"I don't understand what you're talking about, Signorina, where is who? Can you be more specific please?" Carmine de Medici tried to stay calm, and yet Wei Wuxian could see that a bead of perspiration started to form on his forehead.

"Fine, if that's what you want." She smirked and then she shifted her attention to the assistant, who looked like she was about to pass out. "You. Do you know what I'm talking about?"

The assistant's expression was like a deer who had just been caught in a headlight and was about to have a head-on-head collision. She was trembling so hard and shifted her glances between her boss and the woman who literally almost choked him to death. Then she made a decision and nodded.

"Good girl. Now, go tell your real boss that his old friend wants to see him. Pronto."