Chapter 47: The Head Maid's Day at Work

A/N: Turns out I wasn't able to finish this update before school starts. Oh well I'll just try to finish it before things starts getting busy. Here's chap 47, please enjoy!!!

The fire flaming, the frypan being held steadily, and the rice in it being cooked. A few seconds later, the rice was moved from the pan into a bowl, and the bowl was placed invertedly over an oval shaped plate. The bowl was removed, and the fried rice was given a nice and clean shape. Then, two eggs are cracked, put on the pan, and blended, and a while later, it started sizzling. The person holding the frypan then removed it from the stove, ran a knife around the omlet, and turned the frypan over the plate, covering the rice with the omelette.

The person heaved a small sigh, wiped his forehead, and called over his shoulder. "Order number 12 is ready!" He called, and a pink haired girl showed up at the door to the kitchen. She took the plate and left the kitchen. Subaru looked at Ram leave the kitchen with the omelette rice in her hands and heaved another sigh. "How the hell did things turn out like this???" He asked himself.

This had to go back to a few hours earlier. Subaru, Hinata, Aki, and Haruka, as usual, were fighting their way through the sea of books that were constantly drowning them in complex contents, and the girls were talking about how their works had been going lately in the living room. (Sorry about never writing about the girls' jobs. I just had a lot of other stuffs that I wanted to write, it's definitely not that I completely forgot I've given them jobs, definitely not that, you hear me, okay??? XD)

"Today Rem and Ram have the afternoon shift together at your cafe, right?" Emilia asked, and both Rem and Ram nodded. "Hai, Emilia-sama. Nee-sama and Rem have to go to work today despite it being a Saturday in order to gain enough money to keep this home a more cozy place." Rem answered with a smile. "Hai, Emilia-sama. Ram and Rem have to go to work today despite the fact that we should be resting today so as to feed Barusu who eats the most in this home." Ram said with her eyes closed.

"Nee-sama I heard that!!" Subaru's voice said, and Emilia and Rem giggled. "Speaking of our jobs, how have yours been going on, Beatrice?" Emilia asked. "It's never really changed, Betty supposes. Betty just does what a cashier does when customers come, and when there are none, Betty has all the books she wants to read, in fact." Beatrice answered, not looking up from Puck, who was sitting in her palm.

"What about yours, Emilia-sama?" Rem asked, and Emilia, who was looking at Beatrice and Puck playing, turned to her. "Well, I guess it's the same as Beatrice's? I just stay at the counter and greet customers when they come and help them occasionally when they need it." Emilia said, looking up at the ceiling. "Lia you're being humble. You improved and grew so much from doing the work. You start from almost breaking the--" Puck started saying, but Emilia put her hands over Puck's small face as her face and ears went red.

"Mou Puck!! You've been watching all this time??" She exclaimed, the tip of her pointy ears now bright red. Puck's muffled voice said something. They were unable to hear it, but they all knew it was something like "Yeah of course I am."
"Judging by Emilia-sama's reaction, what happened at the very beginning was not unimaginable." Ram said with a rather indifferent expression. "Mou Ram, you too! Stop making me feel this embarrassed!!" Emilia whined, putting her hand on her shoulder and shaking her slightly. "It seems Nee-sama has gotten really good at teasing Emilia-tan as well..." Subaru, listening to their conversation, thought.

About fifteen minutes later from that conversation, Rem's phone rang. The other three watched her as she talked, and after seeing a small frown appear on her face, they knew some sort of trouble was coming. "Nee-sama, we have a problem. Nico-san just called and told Rem that due to some urgent issues, Hanezawa sensei had to move our meeting to today, and he wishes at least one of us shows up." Rem said, and Ram frowned as well. "Hanezawa sensei is our teacher so Ram refrains from speaking ill of him, but this is rather unacceptable." She said.