━ 𝟬𝟮

❛ 𝗧𝗢𝗗𝗔𝗬'𝗦 𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗚𝗘 ❜

❑ 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗮 𝗴𝗮𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗻 𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗻𝗶𝗰━𝘢𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘣𝘶

━𝘢𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘣𝘶

"Good Job y/n." Your heart flutters at the praise of your not-as-yet boyfriend. Aone Takanobu was a man of very few words, and when he was with you those few words were usually laced with praises for you.

And the effect it had on you was unreal. His acknowledgement made you even more proud of yourself and the little patch of flower seedlings you'd planted. It took you longer than you'd like to admit- but you'd finally gotten the hang of it.

Aone was especially proud of you and had been invariably encouraging you to keep trying until you got it.

He had planted way more than you had by that time, but his gentle smiles and words of encouragement made your small accomplishment carry the weight of a thousand suns.

By the time it hit 12, you'd planted a grand total of 5 seedlings while Aone had done 20. (Not counting the 3 he helped you with.)

To make up for your obvious lack of gardening skills, you'd offered to set up a spot by the little stream for you two to have lunch. You were excited about it as you had stayed up all night preparing the basket after Mika sent you some Pinterest board for a perfect picnic.

Which was exactly what you were hoping to make. Aone had done so much for you in so little time and despite his shy demeanour, he had worked his way into your heart ever since he brought you that first sunflower.

You hadn't worked up the courage to tell him as yet, but you hoped that this little trip - and by extension, this picnic would be the perfect place to do it.

Confessing was easy right? Just say you like him. No big deal. You'd seen people do it a thousand times.

Plus there was no way he didn't have some interest in you. He'd asked you personally to come with him to meet his grandmother and work in their "secret garden". You don't just take anyone to a secret garden.

Unfortunately, your words did little to reassure you. Instead of being calm and confident, you were shaking so hard you'd almost spilt the strawberries as you took out the bowls.

You set up an assortment of fruits, pastries, sandwiches and other little snacks along with the striped blanket, and even set aside some ham slices for Petal and Blossom.

That was yet another thing you'd come to love about him. You'd found out he'd gotten his passion for gardening from his grandmother, and always came here on weekends to stay with her.

And she adored you. Hence, she let you take her dogs: Petal and Blossom (you noticed this family had a thing with flower associated names) with you while you worked.

They were surprisingly well behaved and stayed out of your way for the most part. Only coming over when they found a new stick for you to throw again.

You'd just finished arranging your spread when Aone came back from the garden, a little bundle of pink carnations in his large hands.

A smile bloomed on your lips as you accepted them gratefully. It didn't matter how many times he'd bring you flowers, you'd always appreciate his little gifts. His smile mirrored yours as he took in everything you'd prepared.

"This is incredible y/n." He gently sat beside you, not wanting to accidentally knock anything over. "Did you do this all by yourself?"

You nodded excitedly and reached for one of the plates to give to him. "I really hope it tastes as good as it looks."

He grinned at your nervousness and pecked your cheek before taking a huge bite. He closed his eyes and groans.

"This is the best thing I've ever tasted." He took another big bite, while you threw some chicken strips for the dogs, then poured two glasses of lemonade for you both.

The rest of your picnic went by in a whirl of sweet smiles and shy touches while you enjoyed the food. You were proud of yourself for the most part, but you still hadn't asked him yet.

Aone seemed completely oblivious to your inner turmoil as he laid peacefully on your lap with Petal on his stomach, all both looking half asleep.

You weren't surprised. The tranquil atmosphere was complete with cool air, warm rays of sun scattering across the field and the gentle sounds of the nearby stream were enough to lull anyone to sleep.

But you still had one thing to do.

You took a deep breath and gently brushed your thumb over his eyebrow to wake him up. Dark eyes fluttered open and locked on yours, making you both smile.

"I have something to tell you." Sensing the urgency in your tone, he slowly sat up then turned to face you.

"I like-" before you could finish your sentence, he shot a hand up asking you to pause. You stated in confusion as he frantically searched his pockets then sighed in relief as he pulled out a small box.

Your confusion morphed to surprise as he opens it, revealing a simple yet beautiful bracelet, complete with a small emerald charm at the centre.

"Kenji said this was the best way to ask you out but I wasn't sure what you'd like so I asked Mika but she didn't know either-" this time you were the one interrupting him as you pressed your lips against his.

"I love it. Thank you, Aone."

"So we're dating now right?"

"Yeah, yeah we are." You confirmed while hugging him. The sudden force made him flop back into the blanket with you on top of him.

He didn't bother trying to get up again; just made sure you were both comfortable before he started rubbing small circles into your back.

You two watched the dogs frolic with a butterfly they found until you fell asleep on his warm chest, the emerald on your wrist shimmering slightly as you intertwined your fingers with his once more.

𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙙𝙖𝙮'𝙨 𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚?
✩     ✩     ✩    ✩     ✩

𝙃𝙤𝙬 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙧𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙙𝙖𝙮'𝙨 𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚?✩     ✩     ✩    ✩     ✩