Epilogue-1

Unedited:

Kuch baat hai teri baaton mein,

Jo baat yahan tuk pohnch gyi.

Hum dil say gye,

Dil tum pay gya,

Baat kahan tuk pohnch gyi.

1 year later:

Zahra was sitting on the floor playing with her collection of dolls. She arranged them in a line but one of them fell over the others and all of them fell down on the floor.

"Oh-ho", she pouted. She tried again and again and finally succeeded. Her lips stretched into a smile but it didn't stay for long as all of them fell again. She pouted and turned her head towards her daddy who was sitting on the chair reading a medical journal.

"Daddyyy", she called out.

Zohaib turned a page and looked up from the journal towards Zahra. "What happened love?", he asked lovingly.

Zahra pointed at the bunch of dolls lying in front of her. He kept aside the journal on the table and walked up to Zahra.

"Don't worry, daddy will do it for you", he picked up her dolls and arranged them. Zahra took the soft stuffed doll out of them, made her sit on her lap, and hugged her whilst carefully looking at her daddy.

"Look it's done, you were worrying for nothing", Zohaib said as he shifted his gaze back at Zahra. Zahra smiled and stood up, keeping her hand over his shoulder. Zohaib hugged her and kissed her cheek. "My baby".

"thundhi", Zahra lisped.

"Kya chahye Zahra? (What do you want Zahra?)", Zohaib asked softly.

"Huh?", He frowned. "What Zahra?",

"Thundhiii", Zahra said again showing him the doll in her hand.

Zohaib nodded his head unsurely. "This?", he showed her one of her toys.

She shook her head.

"Okay we will find out, don't worry", he told her and showed her things one after another for a while but they were not the ones Zahra needed.

"This one", Zohaib showed her a pen. He turned around, the moments his eyes fell on her he paused. Zahra's eyes were filled with tears and she was crying internally. He threw the pen away and picked her up in his arms.

"Hey! don't cry Zahra", he worriedly took quick steps towards the washroom.

"Faryal", he knocked at the door impatiently. "Zahra is crying, please come out quickly".

"Zohaib what have you done with her", her muffled voice came.

"I've not done anything", he replied. By now Zahra started sobbing loudly.

"Don't cry Zahra, your Ammi is coming. I'll take you to market right now, so you can buy whatever you want. Okay? just don't cry", he said worriedly. The washroom door clicked open. Faryal stepped inside the room with a towel wrapped around her hair.

"What happened Zahra?", Faryal's eyebrows wriggled in concern as she hurriedly took Zahra from him.

"Thundhiii", Zahra said. Faryal wiped her tears and walked deeper into the room.

"Let's go out to buy that thundhii for her", Zohaib picked up the car keys.

Faryal opened the drawer of a dressing table and picked a comb out of it and handed it to Zahra.