1. The Result

Natalia Zimmer Yushkova

Oily skin? Check.

Chapped lips? Check.

Dry hair? Very check.

This is me now. Natalia Yushkova. After being married for three freaking years, my marriage slowly ripped apart.

Having the name of Yushkova attached to yours can make you into another whole person. Everything must be precise or much better--- perfect. All eyes are on you waiting for you to make mistakes and be taunted countless times.

It all happened to me. And I cannot recall how many times. Thanks for my two-faced bestfriend that has ALWAYS been there for me whenever something funny happens.

Oh yes. Always.

Even inside our own home. We are currently residing at the Yushkova mansion. We never separated from my husband's parents. Never got to design our own bedroom, never got to do shopping for our curtains and never got to choose a paint for our own wall.

Every move inside the house was being monitored. Heck, even our honeymoon was not even special and sacred.

As I've said, my best friend, Ariel Zippi who's been with me through good and bad times, was and will always be compared to me.

My mother-in-law, Victoria, would deliberately state at the whole family gatherings how she wishes she had a daughter-in-law like Ariel. To the point she invited her to have a long term vacation at the Yushkova manor. Very considerate.

I know!

Being only a twenty-three year old housewife is not much of a great honor for me anymore. Most of the time, I am deprived of going out with my friends and seeing my own family.

I have wasted my married life being the perfect wife I could never be for my husband, Devon and a perfect in-law his family could ever dreamed of.

My husband keeps himself busy at the business empire his father, Euro Yushkova, founded. I only see him every midnight and when my alarm hits six o'clock in the morning, he's already gone to work. He never defended me once and well, that's how life is unfair to me.

As for the rest of his family, they treated me like a wallflower which is only necessary at gatherings such as tonight as well as in the moments of bantering.

Later, we're having a celebration for our good-for-nothing wedding anniversary.

Can't wait.

Enough of this pretentious blissful household. This is one of few times that I will see my family.

Oh how much I've missed them.

Victoria sent a team of makeup and fashion gurus inside the master's bedroom, making sure that I will be presentable in everyone's eyes. The experts looked at me from head to toe and their eyes expressed a shock tone.

I'm not a ghost.

You see, my skin is now pale white and my once toned body was reduced to a fragile looking one. I lost my sense of fashion and no one taught or criticized me about it.