Chapter 23

~Be kind with all,
for every heart hides
wounds that never bleed

A smile can change
the course of our week.
These small gestures present,
a gift of joy we seek.

A simple act of kindness
can stop a million tears;
heal a broken heart,
and stop us from tearing ourselves apart.

There are a million obstacles,
in our lives on any given day.
Show us a little kindness and,
you'll never know when you stole our pain.~

A little something I wrote... 👆

Author's POV

Draco was still overcoming his shock when Hermione waved a hand in front of his dazed eyes. "What happened? You look like I just told you I am going to become the next Voldemort and take over the world." Hermione jokingly asked, trying to mask her concern for the boy.

"Uh-uh, nothing. I was just thinking about what you just told me. Nevermind. Can I ask you a question though?"

"Well, considering you just did, why not."

"Will you accept your Veela?" Draco was insecure. He didn't want to die but he knew she would never accept someone like him to spend the rest of her life with. She was too pure while his soul was tainted, tainted with murder, torture and her screams for help.

Hermione was confused by his question. She had a hunch that he knew about Veelas, considering they had the third largest library in Britain. But what had stumped her, why was he so invested in knowing this? Yet, she still answered, "Yes, I will. No matter their past, blood, race, ethnicity, I will."

Draco said nothing, but he did have a small, content smile on his handsome face. Hermione only then noticed how blue his eyes were. She had always found him handsome, but she knew it was forbidden to even look in his direction that way. And now, she had restrictions for she was already spoken to someone.

She knew there was no point in getting attached to someone and then breaking their heart. Suddenly, Draco stood up, startling Hermione a bit and then did something unexpected, he offered her a hand. "Wanna get back inside? Everyone's gonna come looking for us if we stay out for too long."

Hermione eyed his hand for a bit then made up her mind. She whipped her wet eyelashes and her under eyes, trying to remove any trace that she had been crying and accepted his hand. Warm tingles erupted, but neither of them showed that it affected them.

"I think you should slip in first, and if they ask you about me, tell them you couldn't find me. I'll come in after a few minutes." Hermione suggested. Draco frowned upon this, he felt as if she didn't want to be seen with him, but he said nothing. He didn't want to destroy whatever had happened between them.

Soon Draco slipped in, sat on his spot as if nothing had happened, and restored his angry expression. Almost everyone had been the same, only the Notts and Lestranges had called it a night, wanting to leave early the next morning.

Hermione too made her appearance to which everyone sighed in relief. Her mother stood up and embraced her in a tight hug. "I am sorry dear for whatever that imbecile did to you. You just say the word, and he won't live another day." Her father spoke from his place on the couch, anger flaring in his green eyes.

"It's alright mom, dad. I am fine, I just needed some time to cool off. But, we need to talk." she said pointing at the Malfoy's and the Zabini's.

"What is it dear?" Mrs Malfoy asked with concern.