Chapter 42

Months went by and before they knew it mid terms were over. There were only a few months left before finals then graduation. The seniors were all excited as their school year would come to an end and achieve their dreams.

Charlotte was the same as excited as they were. Although, something worried her. What will she do after she graduates? What does she really want to achieve?

These questions left her restless for the rest of the afternoon, usually after exams the upper ranks would give them a week to relieve their stress. It was a great refreshment for the students.

As Charlotte got to her seat, sitting there was Huston and Ain. She opened the conversation with a random question,

"What will you guys do when you graduate?"

The two uttered nothing, it was complete silence. We're they questioning too?

"I guess I'm not the only one." Charlotte said smirking.

They hurriedly changed the topic to something else, it was the daily talk of the area. Charlotte ate her noodles and excused herself.

At her room, she finally decided what she was gonna do this free week. Visiting her home, the land of the gods. Charlotte was hyped as she packed her clothes. Afterwards she grabbed an ink pen and a piece of paper.

From Charlotte:

Hello, by the time you read this. I have went back to visit my home. You won't be seeing me this full week as I will probably be busy, contacting me will also not be an option. So just forget my existence for a week and enjoy yourself alright?

She finished with her signature and used a book to set the piece of paper in place so it doesn't fly around.

She then grabbed her luggage and went up to the rooftop, she chanted a spell and a beam of light landed straight in the middle. She stepped in and transformed back to her original form.

She arrived in the entrance of her floating diamond castle. As she walked in, gods stared at her in disbelief. Thinking they've lost their mind, the one who had disappeared suddenly came back and is walking the halls of her own palace right this moment. They thought it was a hallucination but couldn't keep their eyes off her.

Charlotte then stepped in the office department made for the managers and advisors. It was located in the west wing of the palace where high tiered gods roamed freely in doing their work of great importance.

To her shock, the place was in complete chaos. Apparently they haven't been able to properly manage the things she used to do daily.

No one noticed her presence, everyone was frantic and worrying about their own thing. The gods of authorities were a mess, how long have they had to suffer through all this.

She grabbed her magical staff and hit the ground hard with the end of the stick. Everyone there froze, facing her direction. The great Estella has came back. They all had a relieved look on their face, some teary-eyed. Her disappearance 4 years ago lead the gods to a shock, yet she returned.

"Pft, did you guys miss me?"

"It's really her..." someone muttered out through the silence.

"It seems as I've not trained you all enough, how's everyone been doing since I've suddenly vanished."

Some cried in joy while some were stunned with their eyes widened. Is this misery coming to an end? They thought to themselves. Some ran up to Estella suffocating her in embraces. It seems as if they had really missed her presence dearly.

"You guys shouldn't celebrate too early, I will be leaving in a week time. For now, I need my assistant immediately. Pile the paperwork on my desk this instant." Estella said while pointing at the short god staring at her for afar with paper in his hands.

Estella leaves the room while her assistant trails behind with a bunch of paperwork floating on his hands. She arrives at her usual office, a feeling of nostalgia hit her hard in the head. She missed this room dearly, she would spend most her time her diving herself in paperwork.

She sits down hastily and she does the paperwork swiftly observing them while moving her ink pen firmly and rapidly. Around 48 hours passed, she never noticed the time and had finished two years worth of paperwork that not even the god authorities could do with at least 10 people.

Estella was in her normal body so she never felt hunger nor dehydration. It felt normal, her immune system was top notch.

As she left the room to the main balcony that towers over most the buildings, crowds cheered for her return. Word spreads fast here too. It was nice to be back, familiarity came from this balcony as well. She would wave to her subjects every time she could get.

A shock hit her and she finally realised what she would do after she graduated with enough knowledge. She will come back and rule once again, this time maybe her lover will accompany her.

Estella gets on the edge of the balcony and falls off intentionally, her angelic wings opened instantly as she fell, she landed on her feet slowly.

She had already chosen what she was gonna do next, she would visit Alia and Julius. Estella teleported to a tall floating building, she said out a passcode only a few knew and the door immediately opened. She stepped in and was transported to a room. Inside was white marble and tiled floors, tints of blue were also displayed everywhere in this well-decorated room. A man with slightly darkish skin and blond hair stood up as he saw Estella while a woman with pastel pink hair and gold eyes had tears flowing down her face.

Julius and Alia were lovers that lived in the same building. As they saw Estella they ran up to her, even though 4 years were basically nothing for gods. It felt like forever since they've last seen her. It was good to be back to her original friend group. After they had a fragrant rose tea and chatted, they made plans to visit different realms like they used to.