Chapter 14

The drama that Ji Qin auditioned for was a costume drama called "Remembering Autumn". The role that the director wants him to audition for is male number one.

But because it was a public audition, many people signed up. In order to show fairness, the director did not mean to open the back door for Ji Qin in public. Ji Qin also did not go directly to the director but took Li Mo to queue outside obediently.

The waiting time is very long. Many artists who participated in the audition are seizing the time to recite the lines to figure out the role but Ji Qin playing with his mobile phone. Instead, Li Mo, the "escort," is a little anxious on the side.

" Don't you need to get familiar with the script first?"

"No, I prefer to play on the spot." Ji Qin handed him his mobile phone, "Here, it's this novel. I have applied for a reading account for you. Would you like to read it first?"

Li Mo was a little dazed.

"It's not me who is going to audition. What do you want me to do by reading this novel?"

"We're already here, why don't you try it?" Ji Qin blinked at him, "Familiarize yourself with the original work first and see if there are any characters you are interested in." 

Li Mo smiled, "If there is a role I am interested in, can I try it?"

"I can ask my brother to give you a chance to audition. As for whether you can be selected, it depends on your ability." 

Li Mo still looked at him and smiled, "What if I choose the same role as you?"

"Everyone has their own abilities." Ji Qin spread his hands generously, "If you can really win the role, I'm also convinced." 

Li Mo was joking at first and didn't really want to fight with him so he took the phone and read the novel seriously.

When it was Ji Qin's turn to audition, it was already past two o'clock in the afternoon. Li Mo had almost read most of the novel by this time. 

Before entering, Ji Qin secretly asked him, "Which role do you want to try?" 

Li Mo thought for a while and said, "Shao Qiyan."

Ji Qin frowned, "Isn't Shao Qiyan a fourth or fifth role? Are you sure?" 

Li Mo smiled, "Although Shao Qiyan is not a big part of the scene, he is a character worth exploring. I want to challenge it."

Ji Qin didn't say anything, waved at him, and went in for the audition. After about twenty minutes, a staff member opened the door and asked, "Who is Li Mo?" 

Li Mo stood up and said, "It's me."

"Come in and try the play." The staff did not take another look at him and then went in again. 

Li Mo knew that Ji Qin had helped him win this opportunity. He took a deep breath and walked in.

That afternoon, the audition went very well. Although the director had already hinted that the two roles were basically theirs, he still pretended to ask them to go back and wait for the notice.

When they walked out of the building, it was already past four o'clock in the afternoon. 

Ji Qin took Li Mo's shoulder and said, "Brother Mo, shall we go outside for a meal?" 

Li Mo turned his head to look at him, "Isn't it good to go back and eat at home?" 

"You have to buy vegetables and cook when you go back. You have to work hard. I will treat you tonight. What do you want to eat?"

Li Mo looked at him and smiled, "It seems you are in a good mood." 

"That is, I know the temper of my brother (director) best. If he thinks we can't do it, he won't talk so much nonsense with us..."

When Ji Qin was still talking, Li Mo suddenly stopped walking and his body stiffened slightly. He followed Li Mo's line of sight and saw a man walking towards them, followed by several assistants behind him.

Ji Qin knows this person. He is Gu Lixuan, the two-time Peony Award winner and the hottest male movie star nowadays. For Ji Qin, Gu Lixuan's name is thunderous to his ear but for Gu Lixuan, he doesn't even know who Ji Qin is.

Out of politeness, Ji Qin stopped and nodded slightly to Gu Lixuan but Gu Lixuan didn't seem to see him at all. 

He just walked straight to Li Mo and asked blankly, "I heard that you were back a few days ago." 

Li Mo glanced at him and didn't seem to want to talk to him.

Gu Lixuan asked again, "Why didn't you reply to the message I sent you?" 

Ji Qin opened his mouth, a little surprised. His gaze swept between Gu Lixuan and Li Mo then he retracted his hand on Li Mo's shoulder very consciously. Li Mo avoided the opponent's sight but remained silent.

"Speak." Gu Lixuan looked upset and stared at Li Mo with a sinking face. 

Li Mo finally raised his head and looked at him, "Why would I want to give you my information? In what capacity are you questioning me here?" 

Gu Lixuan took a deep breath and calmly said, "I know you still hate me but..."

"Don't worry," Li Mo interrupted him in an alienated manner, "Even if I return to China, I won't do anything against you because you are not worth my thoughts."

Ji Qin deciphered from their conversation that the relationship between the two did not seem to be very good and Li Mo seemed to be very reluctant to pay attention to Gu Lixuan. He pondered for a moment then put his arms back on Li Mo's shoulders and interjected.

"Brother Mo, I am starving to death. Can we hurry and eat?

Li Mo heard Ji Qin's good intentions to relieve the tension, smiled at him, and then said to Gu Lixuan, "Excuse me, my friend and I have an appointment for dinner. We'll go ahead." 

Without waiting for Gu Lixuan's response, he left with Ji Qin.

Gu Lixuan stared at Li Mo's back until the two disappeared from his sight. He then lifted his hand and moved his finger. An assistant immediately came up and asked for instructions. 

"Brother Xuan?"

"Go and find out what Li Mo is doing here." After a pause, he said again, "Also, check the kid next to him. Find out what is the relationship between them."