Chapter 30: Grace

River helped me apply that soothing cream to my tattoo after my wrap came off a week later. It looked so cool, I love it.

After he finished he came back to me and kissed my nose. I let my shirt down and grabbed my backpack.

" can we drive today?" He asked. " I hate cars."
" you have one." He took my backpack off my shoulders. " please, school doesn't start for 40 minutes." He hugged my waist.

We ended up doing the dirty in my car.
He walked me to study hall and Lyla was walking the hall and I saw a bruise fading in her cheek and she had a swollen lip.

I looked over to River and he was smirking. I wonder why?
He kissed me goodbye and told me he'd see me at lunch.

I sat in the study hall reading my book as silence filled the room. A couple of kids started rolling in and talking distributing my silence.

A guy sat in the seat right in front of me and turned around.

I looked up and he was already looking at me. I didn't recognize him. He must be new here.

" Hi, I'm Jay." He held out his hand. " um.. hello." I shook his hand. " Im Grace."
" Im sort of new here, do you mind showing me around?" He was asking me? Maybe he wanted to be friends! " I'd love to!"
" why'd you come to this school?"

" I'm from here but moved back after going to an all-boys boarding school." I gasped. I always wondered what it's like for girls or guys who go to those schools I had to ask him.

" what is it...."

" Jay?" I turned around and River was standing behind me with his left hand playing with one of my curls and the other on the back of my chair.

I turned back to my new friend and he was smirking up at River. I think they know each other.

" Hi River!" I stood up and he hugged my waist, pulling me to him. " you ok?"
"Now why wouldn't she be? You'd think I'd do something?"

" do you know him River?" He just nodded. Still looking at Jay. " your boyfriend and I went to the same boarding school, he was there from 14-17." He says. The all-boys school? Why did River have to go there?

"Really?" I looked up at River. " yeah."
Why didn't he tell me? Maybe he was embarrassed by it? It's not like I would judge him or anything.