LXXXVI. LIVING LIFE

LIVING LIFE!

JUNE 1979

• • • •

"Well, if it isn't my favourite baby mama." Maxine smirked, as she entered the flower shop that Holland worked at.

Holland narrowed her eyes at her friend, as she made an arrangement, "Why are you speaking like that?"

"It's how I used to talk in Hogwarts," The redhead shrugged, "I got bored and thought I'd give it another try."

"Well, I'm glad you talk like a normal person now." The Irish girl told her.

"Me too." Maxine laughed.

"Mind if I ask what you're doing here?" Holland asked with a soft smile.

"Well, you're about to be on your lunch break, right?"

"Yeah," Holland nodded, looking at the clock, "Just have to finish this arrangement."

"Well, I have something that I want to show you."

***

"What is this place?" Holland asked, as she and Maxine walked around an empty shop.

"It's my shop." Maxine grinned.

"What?" Holland exclaimed, looking at her friend in shock.

"Well, I was looking at what all our friends are doing in their lives: having babies, getting married, moving in together," Maxine started to explain, "And it made me want to do something more with my life. And while I love being part of The Order, I wanted to do something For myself."

"So, you're opening a muggle shop?" Holland raised an eyebrow with a small smile.

"My own boutique," Maxine nodded, "Selling clothes I've made."

Holland grinned, "That's amazing."

"Thanks," Maxine blushed, looking around at the shop, "It will take a while for everything to get going, but I'm excited."

"Well, I'm excited for you," Holland told her, "And if I don't get discounts, I'll be very upset."

Holland laughed, "Oh, please, you'll get things for free."

***

It was late by the time Holland arrived back at the manor, having been the one who cleaned and locked up the flower shop.

Taking her coat off and hanging it up by the door, the Irish girl greeted Mopsy, who was about to head up for bed.

"Good evening, Mopsy."

"Good evening, Miss." The house-elf greeted.

"Where's Remus?" Holland asked.

"He's in the nursery with Master Regulus." Mopsy answered.

"Thank you, Mopsy," Holland grinned, "Sleep well."

"And you, Miss."

Holland smiled as she walked up the stairs, making her way to the nursery, stopping at the door when she saw Remus leaning over the cot, talking to the sleeping child. The girl watched fondly, leaning against the doorframe.

"Your mother is the bravest, most amazing person in the world," The Gryffindor whispered, tucking Regulus in, "And I don't know what I've done to deserve an angel like her to love a monster like me. I know I'm not your father, and I'll never amount to him and what he done for you and your mother. But I'm gonna be there for you, no matter what. For all the moments, big and small. Your first word, your first steps. I'll take you to see your first Quidditch game, and I'll see you off to your first year of Hogwarts. But most importantly, I won't let you forget him. I love you, Reggie. Sleep tight."

Finishing his little speech, Remus stayed still, smiling down a the baby in front of him, feeling a pair of familiar arms embrace him from behind.

"I love you, Rem." Holland whispered, kissing his shoulder.

"I love you too, Holly," Remus smiled, turning his head to kiss the girl on the forehead, fondly looking back at Regulus, "Both of you."

"You're gonna be a great Dad."

"I hope so."