Chapter 24: The Dragon's Letter

Chapter 24 already, and yet the pacing of the story is still on the 3rd Day...

Double Update for today!

•••••

Knock Knock

"Your Grace, Lady Gabriella is here," Butler Jonas stated.

After I cooked and dined with Maria, I persuaded her to rest early since she's pregnant. She was reluctant at first but she listened to me. After persuading her I quickly asked Butler Jonas to assist me to do my business.

"Come in," Duke Evan responded when he heard the knock. Butler Jonas opened the door for me.

There was a tray of foods in my hands that's why I asked the Butler to assist me.  

I am not that thicked face, okay? I used his kitchen and will be staying at his manor for today, Of course, I have to show that I am generous even if it's only a little.

When I entered the Duke's office, I saw him managing bundle papers on his table. His face doesn't look tired, he's still handsome in fact, however, looking at the bundle of documents at the table makes me feel exhausted.

Although my brother and I have a business, I don't have any courage to work with papers. Usually, brother Gabriel is the one who is dealing with those things. I don't want to exhaust myself dealing with documents, It might kill me.

I am merely the adviser remember? 

Heh! I feel like a baggage lol.

I don't even know how I raised my little brother to become an intelligent man...

"Greetings Your Grace," I greet him in a polite manner. He lifted his head and glanced at the tray in my hand. "I heard that you're busy that's why I brought you some food," I said straightforwardly.

"You're staying here?" Duke Evan asked. 

Yes! Do you expect me to come back to our manor when it's already 7 pm? It took us 6 hours to travel here, remember? 

"Yes, Your Grace." I quickly replied.

The Duke arrange the papers on his table before he stands up. He glanced at Butler Jonas who was standing quietly behind me. "Jonas, leave," The Duke said with a stern voice. I suddenly felt a chill when the Duke said that.

"Yes, Your Grace," Butler Jonas replied. The Butler bowed his head before leaving the office. 

Silence enveloped us when Butler Jonas left us. I'm still standing near the door but my eyes were at the handsome face of the Duke. Daaamn, I am annoyed at you okay? But why are you handsome again?

Sorry for being weak at beautiful faces. 

I blinked twice when the Duke took a few steps in my direction. He stopped right in front of me, I suddenly felt intimidated when I felt his towering gaze at me. However, that intimidating feeling disappeared when he took the tray into my hands.

"Thank you," He said, then he walked away from me. He went to the couch on the right side of his office table. The Duke carefully placed the tray on the mini table in front of him. "You..." he paused "You should take a seat," He said.

I don't know if I misheard him but I can sense some 'consideration' from his tone. I glanced at him for a moment before taking some action. 

"Ah yes," I responded as I sat in front of him. My eyes were still at him waiting for his next actions. Will he eat the food? or speak to me? I don't know but the atmosphere isn't really awkward.