thirty-seven

Blake Day

Blake Day.

Today was day one.

Nothing too serious was sent over it was just her name and where she was from. She was a New Yorker and her name was Sloane. I didn't want to include the Russian just yet because I figured maybe I could find something good out of it.

"As we approach the end of September it seems like the choice will be clear. The Republican party is going to dominate in this election. No doubt about it, it will be a clean fair sweep." I sipped my coffee as I listened and watched the news.

"I think there is a very good chance that we have the biggest voter turnout than what we have seen in years. I'm talking hundreds of millions of Americans casting their vote on their ballot on November Third." I raised an eyebrow at that.

That's a lot of people knowing about everything you do and in every which way you do it.

"If you look at it—Pennsylvania which was a swing state is now pulling a deep heavy red, is it because Blake Day is now in Pennslyvania? I would say that may be a huge factor. These Pennsylvanians want to show that they are ready to get out and vote for the republicans." The news reporter concluded her segment before the repot cut back to the studio.

I replayed and listened to that entire spiel a minimum of five times. What about my family was so interesting? What made my family so likable? We were really good at acting like a perfect poster family, but we were uglier than ugly could ever be.

Setting my coffee to the side, I grabbed my phone.

But that was a mistake as social media followed me everywhere and anywhere. I was verified on all platforms, and I was now known as a public figure. Not as Blake Day the person, but a public figure- an image.

An image for them to make or break.

Clicking on my messages with Sloane, I reread our messages exchanged from last night.

I was trying not to feel guilty but it was swallowing me whole—it was choking me. It was like I was trapped in a car being swallowed by water and my head was pressed to the roof trying to capture my last breath of air.