Invisible & Irresistible

Y/N POV-

Monday mornings, dreadful, dreary, and downright disgusting. I've never liked them, but I'd never hated them until today. I sit in my car in the parking lot dreading walking into the office, unsure of how the day would plan out, especially because of the events of the weekend.

Wanting to avoid that undeniably uncomfortable moment where I bump into Natasha, I decide to take the stairs. Much to my dismay the second I reach the correct floor I walk through the doors and instantly see Natasha heading in my direction. So, this morning starts with a very much unwanted workout session and an unavoidable greeting with my boss, wonderful.

"Good morning," I nod politely to the redhead.

She looks right past me before speaking, "I was starting to worry you weren't coming. I have a small meeting with Mr. Hayes," she glances down at her watch "In 10 minutes. Would you like to sit in?"

I turn around to see Maria heading out of the elevators "I'd love to," She smiles happily.

"Na-Ms. Romanoff would you like me to join the meeting as well?" I question.

She stares at me as if she were confused by my question. "Why would you need to join?"

"You asked Maria, so I just assumed it was important, so I figured you'd want me to be there."

"Exactly, Maria is sitting in, so I don't need you there." She states straightforwardly.

Maria raises her hand a little to interrupt our conversation. "I think Y/N is just worried she'll miss out on something important."

I gulp preparing for Natasha to scold Maria for questioning her judgment.

"Maria you've got a pretty good memory do you think you could just brief Y/N when we're done because I actually need her elsewhere."

Maria nods her head, "of course, absolutely."

I stand still looking between the two women confused as to why Natasha's being so nice to Maria.

"Thank you, meet me in the main conference room in like five minutes," Natasha instructs Maria. Maria nods as she heads off to her desk to put her things away, leaving me alone with Natasha.

I stop Natasha before she could walk off, lightly grabbing her by her wrist.

"So where do you want me? Is there something you wanted me to do?" I ask quietly.

She takes in a sharp breath "I-" she clears her throat looking down at my hand on her wrist. I quickly let go of her. "I need you to give David a tour he's our new file clerk."

"Don't the paralegals normally do that kind of thing?"

"Y/N I need you out of the way just do what I've asked and don't question me."

"Natasha," I say under my breath.

She clears her throat "I've got to go to the meeting just do as I've asked and don't cause any issues."

--

I find David waiting by the front desk "Hi my name is Y/N Y/L/N I've been requested to give you a brief tour."

He offers his hand out for me to shake, "David Moors."

"It's lovely to meet you, David, if you could just follow me, I'll show you around."

I show him around the file rooms, to begin with given that they're the most important for his job, and then slowly make my way around the office.

"Okay so back there is the associates block it's usually pretty chaotic down there, the associate's lounge is to the left. FYI it's also pretty chaotic in there aswell. In front of us now is Ms. Maximoff's desk she's Ms. Romanoff's assistant."