31: Premonition

Do leave comments guys, even it's something as small as an emoji

Do leave comments guys, even it's something as small as an emoji. I always love reading your comments! They motivate me to write more for you!

Are you enjoying the story so far?

___________

"The morning steals upon the night, melting darkness,"- William Shakespeare

Premonition (n.): An unsettling feeling.

): An unsettling feeling

Ares' POV:

A sigh escaped me as I ran a hand through my hair, messing it up. Should I call up Archer to do the talking? He was better at handling people than I am.

The small phone weighed heavily on my hand, my jaw clenching as I tried to compose myself.

Adrianna was someone who was bigger than life, she was only at a blossoming age; yet she had seen more to life than she should have. She was introduced to the dark side of the spectrum at a young age.

She should have been cherished and loved. She should have enough money to support herself, she should have a parental figure.

Instead, she had to grow up fast. She had had a hard life.

Impatience gnawed inside me as I felt my heart stuttering. Adrianna was like a piece of life to my grey; a speck of joy amongst my sorrow.

A ray of light peeking through my darkness, a splash of bright yellow in a depressing blue canvas.

Her smell latched itself into my mind, the feel of her skin, her lips that worshipped me and made my scar feel like ornaments...

She deserved the truth.

"Hey Siri," I let out a shaky breath, "Dial 'Adrianna'."

"Calling 'Adrianna'." The robotic female voice replied and I heard it ring.

A knot formed in my throat, one I gulped down. My hand tightened on my stick as a quivering breath escaped me.

"Call declined. Do you want to redial?"