Chapter Ten: Memories Resurface

Marinette watched from the sidelines as this happened. She wanted to say she wasn't surprised by his actions, but she had never seen him lose his temper before.

"Adrien, please understand! I was selfish before, but now, I've learned my lesson." 

"You only learn once they're gone. Mom is gone. And it's all your fault. If you realized her love for you and your love for her, this wouldn't have happened."

Marinette walked over to the seething Adrien, and tried to hug him. "Please, Chaton. This isn't the way. Please calm down and detransform."

He turned and pushed her away. "You don't understand the pain. There is no Chat Noir anymore. My name is Chat Ombre."

---Nathalie's POV as a Soul---

I opened my eyes, surprised that I'm still alive. I found myself lying on the lair's floor, weak and could barely move. 

"Where am I..?" I silently uttered.

"We're in the realm between life and death." A familiar female voice echoed.

My head shot up where the sound came from. "Who.. are you..?"

    "Can't remember your own best friend, Nath? I thought you knew better."

"E-Emilie?"

"In the flesh.. Well, kinda?"

"Why are we here? And..I can still see everything that's happening in the real world?"

"You can see and hear them. But they can't do the same for us."

"What..? Why?" I questioned.

"Nath.. I hate to say this. But you're dead. Your soul just hasn't made it to the other world yet. That's why you're here." She uttered, head hanging down.

"Why are you here then? It's been years since you.. well, passed."

"Just like you, I have a stubborn lover that won't give up on me."

"What do you mean? I'm not in a relationship. How can I have a lover?"

    Emilie giggled. "You still haven't figured it out yet, have you? Gabriel is a pain, isn't he? You were carrying his child after all."

"What do you mean by 'were'?"

"You have a lot of questions, don't you?" She sighed. "Look behind you."

I followed her directions without bothering to think. I want answers. I want to know where my child is. That's the only thing I care about right now.

"Momma!" A child ran and jumped into my arms, giving me a huge embrace.

"W-who are you?" I asked.

The child in my arms giggled. "Don't be silly momma, it's me, your one and only peachick!"

The word reminded me of the miraculous. This child knows my identity? I mean, it could mean something else. 

"How old are you?" 

"I'm six!" 

This child is too young to be here. I thought to myself. I need to learn more about my child, if it is mine.

"Do you know your last name?" 

"Yep! My last name is Agreste! And my first name is Quinn!"

The mentioning of that name made my whole body shiver. Tears are flooding my eyes.