Intro

Dreams are all I had until I met him, calm as sea yet unique consciousness, the way he saw things were different from the world and I would be blind not to fall in love with him. He overcame many struggles, it wasn't easy either for me as I was a year older than him, his parents were initially hesitant but he was a charmer, he went on to convince everyone even my brother but couldn't convince his older brother Kunal.  

I met Anand 6 months back, many argued that it's too short to fall in love with a man but only I know what a gem he is. 6 feet, whitish brown, black hair, and a lawyer, his family wasn't rich, me either. I was born in a family of 3, me my elder brother and a small sister. My brother took care of us like his own daughter and all that I can do for him is to marry. He has sacrificed a lot for us until now, he is 30 and unmarried, not that he didn't get a bride but he wants us to settle before he does.

Anand was a little young to get married but I was in a rush already and he was mature enough to understand. He had a big family, a small sister as old as mine, two big brothers with the eldest still unmarried and the second one married with two small kids already, almost a family of 10 including me. They were once rich, not anymore but each one supports the other except for Kunal, his elder brother. And his story was talk of the town, with his money gone so did his love and he is stuck with that for 5 long years. 

Kunal and I have been loggerheads since we met the first time, his rude behavior would irk even the calmest soul and I wondered how Anand loved him so much. He was just the opposite, everyone in the family feared his rudeness. If I had married Anand I bet I would have spent more time fighting Kunal rather than spending it with Anand. Yes, only if I had married Anand but Anand is no more, and I'm here weeping as Kunal's wife. 

I waited for this day anxiously like every other woman, I even rehearsed what I would tell Anand on our first night, what he would ask me but it makes no sense now, it's all but a broken dream. Neither he is nor his brother, at least he has that courtesy to not celebrate the first night with his brother's fiance. Now with my Anand has gone, the least I could do for him, for his purest love is to support his family, help his mom recover even if it's by marrying Kunal.

I'm not sure if I can give love to Kunal but the least I can give is respect, something is necessary right to live a life with him, isn't it? 

______________________________________________________________

Checking if there are any Sinal fans here. If yes please comment so that i can continue the work.