LXXXVIII. BUILD A HOME

BUILD A HOME!

JUNE 1979

• • • •

Holland sighed, looking at James, Sirius and Peter as they stood in front of her in the living room of the Potter's house, while she was sat on the sofa.

"Don't you three have to be stupid somewhere else?" The Irish girl raised an eyebrow.

"Not until tomorrow morning." Peter shook his head.

"Remind me again why you're keeping me hostage."

"We're not keeping you hostage." James scoffed.

"Yeah," Sirius nodded, "We're just not letting you leave this house. Or this room. And especially not that sofa."

"You three were just meant to make sure that she stayed in the house before we got back. Not keep her hostage." Lily rolled her eyes at her husband and friends, as she and Margaret entered the house.

"You call it keeping her hostage, we call it careful surveillance." James corrected, kissing his wife on the forehead, wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

"To be fair, is it really a hostage situation if they offered me tea and biscuits?" Holland asked.

Peter excitedly pointed at the Slytherin, "See?!"

"Anyway," Margaret rolled her eyes with an amused smile, "Holly, Remus is waiting for you in the car outside."

"Car?"

"My car," The blonde explained, "He didn't just randomly buy a car."

Holland let out a sigh of relief, "You had me worried for a second." She chuckled, before bidding everyone goodbye and walking outside to meet her boyfriend.

"Hey." Remus grinned as she sat in the passenger's seat of the car.

"Hi." Holland smiled, leaning over and giving him a peck on the cheek.

"You ready?"

"Yeah," Holland nodded, "Although, I'd be more ready if I knew where we were going."

"It's a surprise," Remus smirked, before reaching into the backseat, "These are for you."

Holland blushed, taking the bouquet of roses from his hand, "I love you."

"I love you more."

"Not possible."

***

"We're here." Remus said, after a thirty minute drive, most of it being through the woods, parking in front of a beautiful cottage.

"Wow." Holland gasped, exiting the car and looking at the cottage in front of them.

"Pulchritudinous, right?" Remus asked, leaning against the car, hands in his pockets.

"It's more than pulchritudinous," Holland shook her head, "It's, uh-"

"You trying to think of another synonym?"

"Yes, just give me a moment... I can't think of one better." She said, making the both of them chuckle.

"So you like it?" Remus smiled.

"It's lovely." Holland breathed out, still in awe of the building in front of them.

"Well, that's a very good thing then."

"Why?" The girl asked, turning to look at Remus, freezing when she saw him holding up a rusty housekey, a cheeky smile playing on his lips, "You didn't."

"I did," Remus smirked, "Hollyhock Cottage. It's thirty years old, has three bedroom, two bathrooms. And while the house indeed pulchritudinous on the outside, the inside needs to be refurbished."

Holland grinned, "Just like we talked about."

"Yeah," Remus nodded with a chuckle, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously, "So, what do you say, Juliet? Will you, Reg and Mopsy move in with me?"

Holland gave the boy a smile, wiping away a stray tear, "Yes."