i'm so sorry.

"That's... an exciting backstory," Chevron said, stuttering ever so slightly. 

"Yeah." Error responded, looking down at the Frisk goo and kicking it. "The recreation was almost exciting enough to be a rerun." He chuckled to himself.

That Frisk... that FIGHT... it felt too familiar for it to be some shared mass hysteria. Somewhere, Chevron felt that he was that Frisk. As if part of that memory was his own, triggered by seeing the determination in Error's memory Sans. 

If his memory didn't fail him, and that was true, then Chevron would've been the cause for all of Error's problems. But maybe that wasn't him. Maybe Error wasn't the Sans from Chevron's universe. Maybe Chevron wasn't the one that erased the world and left Error in some horrible, empty version of the save screen... 

Chevron wondered if Error realized the impact that his memory had on him. He glanced awkwardly at Error, which put his worries at ease. Error was sitting back down on the couch in the living room, humming softly to himself while playing a game with string. Chevron sat across from Error; he placed his face against a cold window and watched the rain pour down. 

They sat in deafening silence. Error would occasionally groan in frustration before giving up and starting over. Chevron rhythmically drummed his fingers on his leg, his thoughts on the fight uninterrupted. 

Silence began to crush Chevron's throat, so to fight back, he broke it. "So... when you fought Frisk, did you think that you would be able to reset everything?" 

Error looked up from his single-person game and shrugged. "Probably. I was pretty stupid back then. I think. My entire life is still really fuzzy." 

"Of course you were dumb, all Sanses are! Especially that good for nothing Ink!" Handy chimed in. "I remember everything! But I won't ever tell!" 

Error slapped Handy and held his mouth shut. "Shut up! I'm not talking to you right now!" 

Chevron couldn't help but stifle a laugh. "Who's that?"

"It's Handy. He always buts in at the worst times. Honestly, don't tell him I said this, but I think he's a total asshole." 

"Not as much as an asshole as you, crybaby!" Handy choked out before getting suffocated by Error again. 

"How rude. Why don't you just leave him?" Chevron asked. 

"Because he's the only friend I have. Plus he's always there, and he likes watching Undernovella with me." Error paused a moment before letting Handy go. "I'm sorry I called you an asshole, I didn't mean it."

"Well, of course, you didn't. I'm still mad at you, though." Handy rubbed his nose(?). 

A part of Chevron's heart broke. "... Where did you two meet?"

"You ask a lot of questions, Stripe," Handy replied. "If you ask too many Error might go into... error mode."

"Yeah, kid, this is gonna be the last question I answer, okay? Normally I save all my energy for destroying AU Sans and Frisks and Floweys, but damn it's annoying to kick Frisk butt 3 times in one day. First you, then you, then you..." 

Chevron frowned. 

"But I met Handy in the anti-void. I don't remember when, but it was after the anti-void started screaming at me. He kind of kept me company and eventually," Error yawned, "he taught me how to make puppets. Now, if you excuse us, go back into the bathroom and just..." Error nodded off, the same way Sans always did at the end of his fight. 

Chevron didn't leave the room but instead looked out the window. It was pitch black outside, though every now and then a bolt of lightning would light up the sky and let Chevron see the surrounding houses. 

It was a relaxing sight to be sure, and the sound of rain brought an off sense of comfort to Chevron, and he began to nod off as well. He snapped back to attention, however, when he saw an angry-looking bear monster standing under a tree a few houses down. 

Eye contact.