CHAPTER 17 ↠ aiming and shooting at hearts

"All right, let's get the booze first," Finn says as he leads the way

"More drinks? You're pretty drunk already."

"Well, Beatrice, when the booze is free, what's there to lose? Besides, you still need a bit more, because you aren't that drunk."

"Why are you trying to get my sister drunk, Mr. Shelby?" Bonnie asks.

"Because she says she can shoot better than me while drunk."

"See, Bea? You always lie. You've never been drunk before and shooting was something Aunt Margaret didn't allow, was it?"

"Still can shoot better than Finn," Bea says carelessly.

"Oh yeah? We'll see!" Finn says excited that even Bonnie doesn't believe her.

They go to the kitchens and Finn gets rum and gin and hands the latter to Bea.

"Since you like it so much... drink up,"

Bea shakes her head with a smile and takes the bottle.

After getting the drinks, Finn leads them to the room where Tommy keeps his guns and opens one of the cabinets so they could choose the guns from it.

Bea and Bonnie both take a gun, checking them in the same way and getting some bullets but without loading them in the house.

The four of them go outside, as they drink either rum or gin. Away from the house they see some employees setting up the targets on a table and some on the ground, surely from Tommy's order since Finn hadn't talked to anyone when getting the guns and the drinks.

"All right, Bea, drink up a bit more before shooting."

"Want snow?" Isaiah offers to the Golds.

"No," they answer at the same time.

"More for me then," he says with a shrug. "Finn?"

"Yeah, sure."

As they do snow, Bea drinks some more.

"All right, let's do it!" Isaiah calls out.

"Bea, you do the honours," Finn suggests.

Bea loads her gun of choice, rolls the revolver up and then, with both hands takes aim.

"Middle one," she announces before taking the perfect shot.

"You're not drunk enough," Finn says.

"I am," she argues.

They continue to shoot and drink and when the targets are done, Bea and Isaiah start dancing around, locking arms and spinning on different directions. Then Bea dances with Bonnie and then with Finn.

After a while, all of them too drunk, they move even farther from the house. Bea and Finn sit down by a tree as Isaiah challenges Bonnie for a fight.

"I bet on Isaiah," Finn says before they even start.

"Bonnie is the boxer, here. You're going to lose your money, Finn Shelby."

Bonnie was too drunk, and so was Isaiah, so the fight Bea and Finn were witnessing — although not that well, since their own visions were blury — was just missed punches and the two falling down without even being touched. Still without seeing that well and not really much to see, Bea and Finn, leaning back on their elbows, were rating the fight.

"Spin him around, Bonnie!" Bea shouts. "Finish him!"

Bonnie grabs Isaiah and does just what Bea said, and with all the rum and a bit of the other drinks he had at Tommy's house, Isaiah falls down and starts to throw up on all fours.

Bea and Finn laugh at the scene.

"It's a 10 for Bonnie Shel—I mean Gold!" Bea says. "Come on, Finn, your turn to fight Bonnie."

Finn starts standing up but then falls back, making Bea laugh even more. But he wouldn't need to go far, since Bonnie, also got to the floor, sick as well.

"Oh no..." Bea says quieter but still with a smile. "Poor Bonnie."

Bea sighs, as silence falls around them, with Bonnie and Isaiah no longer fighting and just laying away from Bea and Finn.

"I would never have this much fun in London." Bea admits. "Or this much gin and rum," she adds chuckling, amused due to the amount of alcohol she drank. "This is all the Peaky Blinders' fault. Your fault, Finn. Damn you."

Bea then rest her head on Finn's shoulder. For a few seconds they were there, leaning back on their elbows side to side quietly, but only a few seconds. If this quietness went on for a minute longer, Bea would have fallen asleep.

But Finn reached his hand to Bea, almost touching her lips, before she saw it and moved her head away from the hand and looked up at Finn. She stared at his eyes for a little and then Finn moved a little and broke the space between them, kissing her lips.

For a couple of seconds, Bea's lips automatically followed his lead, but then, as if that had sobered her up, she parted their lips and moved just a few inches back to look at Finn again in the eyes. She was holding her breath, staring at the sweet gaze of the boy who she had gotten strangely close to.

Bea seemed uneasy, almost as if a bit scared of the unexpected kiss, but then Finn had a bit of courage again and broke the distance between them again, crashing his lips on hers. This time more passionately and not breaking away. He moved his hand to rest in her neck, as Bea kissed him with just as much passion.

It was as if time stopped and space disappeared as they both succumbed to the kiss. Bea leaned more towards Finn, putting her hand on his arm, as if making it so he couldn't release his own grip from her neck. Their lips only parted slightly for them to take a small breath, before clashing again quickly.

"I think I'm dying."

The voice of Bonnie startled Bea and Finn, who quickly broke apart.

Bea breaths deeply three time before getting up and going to Bonnie, who was still laying down. She ignored the dizziness when she got up and just walked in his direction.

"Come Bonnie," she reachs for him and helps him up. "Let's go to the camp."

"Wha—" Finn starts.

"Finn, you're coming?" Bonnie asks noticing the boy as he and Bea pass by him.

"No," Bea quickly answered. "Finn has to take Isaiah back to the house."

"Bea—" Finn calls out.

"Come on, Bonnie," Bea says as she starts dragging Bonnie away leaving Finn there, on the grass, confused for how things had abruptly ended.