Chapter 35

Linkin Park - One Step Closer

RAQUEL'S P.O.V

Oh shit! He's looking in my direction, I quickly duck behind the car in front of me, hoping he didn't see me. I look over very carefully to see him talking to the guy.

I've never seen him in my life. He's hot though.

I sneak back into the shop trying to forget my shocking discovery.

»»----- ♡ -----««

When we finally got back home I decided to catch up with Denni. I really want to hang out with him but our lives have been so busy. I found out that he wants to be a professional boxer. Not the illegal type. He says he's got a sponsor and he's been training that's why he's been busy.

After gossiping and telling him about my date. I decided to invite him over so I could figure out new ring gear and go clubbing.

After a little while of texting and watching Netflix. I get a message from Denni saying he's here. I run downstairs, which receives stares from my family but I don't care.

I open the door to see him standing with a huge smile on his face. I practically threw myself on him and gave him a massive hug. I've not seen him in what feels like forever.

"I missed you so much Denni." I whimper while squeezing him in a hug.

"I missed you too but I would love to not die in your arms." He suffocates in my arms. I get off him. I grab his hand and lead him into the living room where my whole family out sitting looking at Denni like he's Jesus or something.

"Everyone this is my best friend in the whole world Dennis. Dennis this is my family."

He waved hi at everyone. But before we walk to my room my dad pulls me the the side.

"So when we're you going to tell me you were inviting anyone over. Especially a boy." Dad says in an angry whisper.

"Sorry it was last minute. But don't worry he's not into me at all. We ain't going to shag if that's what your worried." I say in an reassuring voice.

Dad rolls his eyes at my comment and ruffles my hair as he lets me go. I drag Denni up to my room and push him on my bed as I throw myself at his direction.

"I love you Denni. Sorry for airing you for awhile. I had a lot of shit to deal with." I play with his dark brown almost black hair.

"It's alright rocket." He taps my nose very gently.

I get up from my bed and run to my closet and pull out my fighting gear. "So we have some work to do. Don't we." We nod at each other as we start to get to work.

As we are making my gear we hear a knock on the door and I let them in. I see it's Blake and Sammi.

"Hola familia." I continue to sew my gear. "What are you doing my dear hermana?" Blake asks as he lays down on my bed.

"Making my gear for blackout." I say as I focus on my gear.

"What's blackout? I don't understand fighter talk." Sammi says as he looks at the pieces.

"So blackout is a once a year thing. It's when the Champions of all over the world come to Italy to compete in matches. The reason why it's held in Italy because it's where all the mafia's that have an alliance with them can recruit the best fighters. It's a big deal. If you win, you receive a massive amount of money, protection and lots of offers if interested." Denni says as he cuts through the shiny black material.