Chapter sixty five

After we had the others leave the island I focused on creating a barrier around it.  Under no circumstances can those monsters be set free.  I wish Raven would have left to, but a part of me is so thankful that he stayed with me.

After I get the barrier in place I turn to Raven, catching him off guard I kiss him.  "Just in case," I say giving him a wink and making him laugh.

Together we look over at where the ground has opened and the Dreggs are feasting on the dark witches that released them.

"Morons..." Raven grumbles and I can't agree more I mean really what did they expect to happen.

Pulling out my silver daggers I concentrate and coat them both in fire and lightning.  Then I pass them to Raven, "remember only the elements can harm them," I whisper to him then I send wind blades at the unsuspecting Dreggs.

I kill the four that are eating without any problems, then more begin to swarm out of the hole in the ground the others came out of.

"I got you covered baby, let 'em have it!" Raven says taking a defensive stance next to me.

Focusing I bring a massive lightning bolt down into the hole, feeling how deep the hole is from the impact I send up a tower of flames so hot that they appear blue.

I can hear Raven killing the Dreggs that get too close to where we are but I don't have the luxury to look at him.  Instead I send wind blades and fire balls and lightning arrows at the horde in front if me.

I manipulate the light and shadows to our advantage making us all but invisible to them.  Using my spirit ability I strengthen Raven and I, if the Dreggs had souls I could take away their will to fight but they are soulless.

It feels like we have been fighting for hours, but in truth it probably hasn't been that long.

My baby, my mischievous little Falcon has somehow managed to wrap Raven and I in lightning to help keep us safe.

As proud of my little man as I am, I can't help worrying... I hope that this doesn't hurt him in anyway.

Goddess give us the strength we need!

Leon's POV

Not long after we arrived here on the side of lake Griffin from the island a barrier went up around it.

The fighting here is finished.. so those that aren't in the med tents or rounding up those who fought along side Rohan that surrendered.  Are watching the island wishing we could help but knowing that we cannot.

Alpha Roger has decided to take the prisoners to hold them in a trial to decide whether they are to be executed or otherwise.  The judge will be the royal family who is living in Italy.  Usually we don't involve them in trial matters unless it's that bad and this is.

I don't envy them and I doubt any will be alive for long if they really were that willing.

"How are you holding up?" Dev comes over to me.

"I want to help them, but I would only be in the way," I sigh.

"I know the feeling, but since we can't some of us have decided to go back to check on our loved ones.  I'm getting a funny feeling," he confesses with a worried look.

I nod in understanding, I felt a weird twinge a while ago but being active beta male I must stay and wait for my Alpha and Luna.

"Safe journey there, and can you let my mate know I'm alright please?" I ask Dev who nods and they head out soon after.

Yen and I sit waiting and watching the light show across the water.  Scarlett is a badass! There is lightning and towers of blue flame going in the air every few minutes.  If I didn't know that my friends/family was fighting for their lives and ours I would think it was a beautiful show.

Sabrina's POV

Most of the dark witches are dead but we have suffered casualties on our side too.  Elders Angela, Jeffrey and Michelle are all dead.  Susan lost an arm and I'm fighting Alistar to the death.

Right now I have four broken ribs, two broken fingers, a shattered cheek bone, and various cuts and bruises.  But I've given him a broken arm, nose,and three ribs, but the worst is his cuts.. he's covered with blood. Still he fights me, refusing to back down I as well refuse to let him anywhere near my charges.

"If you had just been with me... I wouldn't have had to kill Even, but he just kept saying to let you be.  He was fine with you giving your love to others but it should be mine!.....YOU SHOULD BE MINE!!" Alistair snarls tackling me.  He begins to strangle me his eyes wild with no trace of him in there.

Taking my blades I stab one into his heart and the other through his throat.  "I release you," I choke out and his wide eyes stare at me till his pupils dilate and he no longer sees me.  His body becomes limp and I force him off.

The others in the cave came to help, the young Alpha and former Alpha Frost are among them.  The young Alpha ripped out the throat of the last dark witch ending the fighting here.

Our battle is over, looking at the others I take in their injuries, most are not life threatening but some are quite serious.

Luckily for us the pack doctors are here, and they are already seeing to the wounded.

My energy leaves me and I drop to my knees startling those close to me.  I try to wave them off but I cough and blood comes flying out of my mouth.  Shit I think something got punctured when Alistar's fat ass landed on me.

"Hold on Sabrina!" I hear someone saying before I pass out.  Don't worry I'm just tired I'm gonna take a nap, I'll wake up in a bit.