xxv. bonus au

au where maelynn survived and she and jj had a lovely future together.

ミ⛧ ミ⛧ ミ⛧

She stood over the bathroom counter, staring at the pregnancy test. It had two lines. The two blessed lines she had been looking forward to seeing for years. 

wife <3
jj
get home asap
i have amazing news

hubby <3
what
wait
maelynn
is there a bb???

wife <3
get home
ill tell u when ur here

JJ didn't need to be told twice, signing out early with someone to cover his shift and racing home. Shoupe nearly pulled him over. 

'I'll come back and you can give me a ticket in a bit!' he shouted out the window. Shoupe just shook his head and looked at the ground. 

'Crazy kids.'

He kicked up all kinds of dirt and rocks as he raced to the little house they had bought together after grad. Her family had finally accepted the relationship enough to let Maelynn have access to her money to support them, and even helped pay some bills when they ran low. With both Maelynn and JJ working stable jobs, though, they hadn't needed help in a few months. 

They had wanted a child together for as long as either of them could remember. Maelynn had to wear JJ down quite a bit, and they'd even gone to therapy together for a little while to sort everything out. It didn't take too much convincing. Maelynn watched a neighbor's baby one time and it was enough to get JJ wanting one as well. She just looked so happy and natural holding it. He knew she'd be an amazing mother, and he could be a good dad with her help. So they tried and tried to no avail. 

Until now. 

They had been graduated for a year and a half; JJ was twenty, while Maelynn was still only nineteen. Their place had been theirs for two years, they had three cats, and the rest of the pogues visted whenever they could. 

Cassiopeia had gained two siblings - Sirius and Andromeda. It seemed like Sirius was her biological sibling, whereas Andromeda was a rescue adopted from a shelter, so they had no clue about her parentage. They were crazy, but Maelynn and JJ loved them more than they'd ever admit. 

JJ's biggest worry about potentially becoming a father was the example that had been set out for him. He had no idea what do to if the child was to act out, or how to love them. But Maelynn was good. She reassured him that she'd be there no matter what, and reminded him that they were learning how to be parents together. She brought up how good he had been with Wheezie in her early teenage years as proof of his abilities. That seemed stupid to him, but he did admit that he'd learn by her example pretty quickly. 

And now they were having a baby. 

He wasted no time shifting into park and bolting inside the house. Maelynn stood in the little kitchen, the pregnancy test sat in front of her. There was happy tears rolling down her cheeks as she choked out, 'I'm pregnant, J.'

'Oh my God,' he whispered as he came over to her. Two lines. Pregnant. 'We're having a baby. Mae, we're having a baby.'

She nodded. 'I know. JJ, I'm having your child. We're gonna have a kid. Together.'

He started to cry. She wrapped her arms around his waist and tucked her head into his chest, rocking them from side to side. His arms came around her shoulders and pressed her closer.