19. Accidental Loss Of Control

Bella came downstairs in the dress Alice picked out for her

Bella came downstairs in the dress Alice picked out for her. She didn't want a party or really any sort of celebration but everyone knew Alice wouldn't let it go and finally just gave up to appease the raven-haired pixie.

Lizzie went to hug her cousin when a flash went off behind them. It was a bright light and instantly, she took Bella's hand in hers. She twirled the Swan girl around to face the camera in Alice's hands. She settled Bella's hand on her hip and copied the same pose with a smile.

"I found it in your bag. I hope you don't mind."

When it was over and they were finally at the bottom of the staircase, Bella sighed in relief looking completely flustered and awkward. Carlisle took her hands in his with an apology and Esme hugged her with a smile.

"Sorry about all of this. We tried to rein Alice in."

"As if that were even possible. Happy Birthday, Bella."

"Thanks."

"Dating an older woman?" Emmett grinned at Edward. "Hot." Edward shook his head in disbelief and Lizzie nudged her bear of a brother in the ribs with a light scowl. "What?"

"Happy birthday, Bells," Dean congratulated and kissed the top of Bella's forehead before taking a quick step back as if not to push his self-control.

"Thanks."

"Okay, you first, Rosalie," Alice instructed her sister, who very reluctantly held a small box out to Bella.

"It's a necklace. Alice picked it out."

Esme and Carlisle were next, then Jasper, and then Lizzie, who got Bella two plane tickets for a first-class trip back home whenever she wanted it. Alice pulled Edward forward and placed him and Bella into a couple pose before snapping yet another picture.

"This one's from Emmett," Lizzie said as she handed Bella the empty box, she shook it before looking over at Emmett expectantly.

"Already installed it in your truck," he proudly grinned. "Finally a decent sound system for that piece of... "

"Hey!" she cut him off. "Don't hate the truck."

He chuckled and Lizzie laughed. "Yeah, Em, she's super protective over it. Almost like a Mama bear."

Alice bounced up to Bella again with another box in hand, this one a much smaller one than Emmett's.

"A decent playlist to go with your new stereo," Dean informed. "Rock n' roll classics, nothing but classics, Bells."

"Thanks, Dean." She smiled at him before going to open the wrapping, she struggled with it and suddenly hissed in pain. "Ow, papercut."

Lizzie watched as a drop of blood fell from Bella's fingertip onto the white carpet at her feet. She could hear the soft splash of it and smell the metallic taste as if it were on her tongue. Instantly, she was at Jasper's side holding his hand and calming him down. He tensed incredibly but didn't move, he never did when Lizzie was close enough to help him.