☾70

Your words that didn't mean to heal the hurt, were coincidentally more than enough

Faintly lingering in the air was the soft sound of breaths escaping from the girl who was next to him, her back turned from him as she tightly clutched the duvet to her chin

Mark had began to stir from his sleep, rolling so he was laying flat on his back with a silence consuming as his consciousness wasn't fully regained.

He scrunched his nose up, rubbing at his eyes as he stretched, a groan escaping him from the sudden ruined sleep. The deep sleep coaxed sound from him caused Yeonhee to shift in the bed, turning around that he could now see how her eyebrows were furrowed.

His eyes drifted over her sleeping features, noticing how she seemed slightly unsettled with uneven breaths. He tilted his head in confusion, wondering if she was having a nightmare.

Mark reached out, his thumb brushing over between her furrowed brows as her features softened only momentarily.
He contemplated on waking her, she had a death grip to the duvet which was pulled to her chin.

He propped himself up on his forearm, body facing her as his hand came in contact with her flushed cheek- thumb catching the small tear escaping her shut eyes.

"Yeon," he began, "Yeon, Yeonhee." He said a little louder, giving her shoulder a short shake which jolted her from her sleep.

She sudden sat up with a cough from feeling restricted at her airways, Mark's eyes widened in surprise as he too sat up.

Yeonhee was slightly panicked but soon realised her surroundings, shoving her head into her hands. A hand cautiously had been placed on her back.
"Hey- are you okay? Did you have a nightmare?"

Her heart was thumping, pulsating in her ears and her hot blood rushed around her. Breaths uneven as it felt like the oxygen wasn't sufficiently supplying her lungs.
Body trembling as the reoccurring nightmare she had occasionally had once again come back.

Ears were ringing, not really picking up was the worried boy was saying as she screwed her eyes shut, feeling lightheaded.
She opened her slightly blurred teary eyes, looking in the direction of the boy next to her.

She knew this feeling too well, the dream had triggered it and this time she felt too suffocated to even try breathing through it.

"Can y-you get me water please?" She wasn't even too sure if she was making sense, hoping she somehow did- flushes of heat passing over her.

Why today out of all days? How embarrassing

"Water? Yeah- water I'll get it!" He rushed out, clambering out of the bed and towards the door where he accidentally stepped on a dog toy. "Oh shit." He cussed, his figure disappeared out of the room.